LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know some interesting information on the GTO. I just received my product guide info for the 04 GTO. The weight of the car is going to be 3725 with an automatic and 3725 with the 6-speed they still say the weight numbers are estimated. The car is going to have an 18 gallon tank. It will have 225/50R17 Tires. The motor is going to be rated at 350 hp and 365 lb/ft torque. The overall length of the car is 189.80 inches. The wheelbase is 109.80 inches. Just thought you guys would like the numbers.

Thanks,

Jason Feuerberg

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I thought someone confirmed that the 225 size tires were upgraded to 245.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe so I have to do some more research but in the GM product guide info book it still states the 225/50R 17 on 17X8 wheels.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Yeah, that's old info. Jim Hopson/Pontiac has confirmed that the GTO will have 245/45ZR17 BF Goodrich gforce kdws tires.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Now I'm trying to figure out this dual exhaust thingy. :D

Man, these things are heavy for their size!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
How much weight do we save by removing that protection plate under the car?

As for the dual exhaust thingy I am absolutely positive that those of us getting our cars in the Feb-Mar time frame will have that exhaust mod. Or I could just be drinking too much.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Probably not much, 10-15lbs at most.

But I be thinkin mine may need to go on a diet. It's a porker compared to my Camaro at a svelt 3,460lbs.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The weight figures are estimated not exact and that is how it states it in the info book. I just thought it was interesting.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
For such a small car, it is! Where does it pack it all on. :D

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
lol aahaha. careful tho lol no making fun of the founders. not TO much atleast. i guess these guys really liked the GTO before it even came out

·
Registered
479 Posts
Zombie nothin. With that date, this thread died, survived the Big Crunch from the previous universe, experenced the Big Bang, and evolved from individual electrons to reconstitute itself in our current universe.
:gr_jest:

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
:thumbs: nice info

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
Sounds like a nice vehicle coming out....I hear it looks like a Cavalier or something.;)
Ghey... Anyone hear about that new mustang? Supposedly it's gonna be pretty rare

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
They should never have called that car a GTO.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I do a search on threads where I have posted and this is near the top of the list. It's deja vu all over again................................

Now lets ressurect those ones where we track the ships and trains and stuff................

:drink::drink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
Tails
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing