HGH Optimist
10,191 Posts
Someone was never taught the definition of "Overkill"

Good gawd.

·
HGH Optimist
10,191 Posts
Since I can't really tell...

What color is this actual GTO? TR or PBM? I see the trim looks like TR.

Not that it matters, honestly. This would still be an eyesore.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,581 Posts
Instead of black with red accents, let's do red with black accents!

Yes, that will look great.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Way too much. I even think the OEM blue seat option is too much.
When I was shopping for my GTO, I spotted a IBM one at a rural dealership's used lot. I pulled up to look at it and it had blue seats. I told myself that if I had one greasy french fry mishap, that i'd forever have a dark stain on the seats. I had to pass.

·
Premium Member
2006 GTO IBM 6 Speed
583 Posts
When I was shopping for my GTO, I spotted a IBM one at a rural dealership's used lot. I pulled up to look at it and it had blue seats. I told myself that if I had one greasy french fry mishap, that i'd forever have a dark stain on the seats. I had to pass.
I think that I should have gone for one and just recovered the seats in black. I have a full blue interior from a 04 that I have to piece together to make one good interior for my car minus the seats. I sold those to a buddy.

·
Worthless reject member
49,255 Posts
Way too much. I even think the OEM blue seat option is too much.
Sometimes I think it is, as well, and wonder how much better it would look with black seats with blue stitching or blue center inserts.

Why would the blue seats be any harder to clean than red? They're fine. Except they have the same bolster wear-through and stitching issues as other GTO seats.

(Edited because I make freudian slips at the oddest times.)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Sometimes I think it is, as well, and wonder how much better it would look with black seats with blue stitching or blue center inserts.

Why would the blue seats be any harder to clean than red? They're fine. Except they have the same bolster wear-through and stitching issues as other GTO seats.

(Edited because I make freudian slips at the oddest times.)
I was comparing maintaining blue seats to black (which is what I eventually ended up with in my BOM). Black hides a multitudes of sins.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts