LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everybody using to clean the interior? Also what material is on the door? I have the Blue interior. Is the blue part leather? Is the black part leather too? Or is it vinyl? I need to know how to clean that part. Do I treat it as leather or vinyl? Thanks. :)

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Leather

Iron Horse said:
What is everybody using to clean the interior? Also what material is on the door? I have the Blue interior. Is the blue part leather? Is the black part leather too? Or is it vinyl? I need to know how to clean that part. Do I treat it as leather or vinyl? Thanks. :)
I use Armorall wipes for leather. On my doors are leather and suede. Even the freaking Dash is leather covered, shifter boot, nearly everything.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OG! I used the ArmerAll wipes as well. I bought the pack with the cleaning wipes and the protectant wipes. Them seem to work well.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Armor-all

Iron Horse said:
Thanks OG! I used the ArmerAll wipes as well. I bought the pack with the cleaning wipes and the protectant wipes. Them seem to work well.
You're most welcome Sir! I bought the wipes and the spray, stretches them further, and allows me to go heavier on the where the wear or sun might do the most damage.... ;)

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
LOL! I thought I was the only one doing that! My wife says "why the heck do you waste money on the wipes?" but I find supplementing the wipes with an occasional squirt or two when I'm doing a heavy cleaning really makes sense for me.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i never liked the wipes... they left too much of a rash. :) no seriously, i like used socks turned inside out with armor all spray. it seems to work the best for me. maybe it's the secret toe jam additive. :)

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Included in my "Protectant Package" was a lifetime supply of Commodore Coatings Interior Vinyl and Leather Renewer. The dealer applied the initial coating and I am going to apply again this weekend. It is way too early to endorse these guys, but I am real happy with the way my interior looks. I will clean the surfaces with a weak solution of Dove Dishwashing Liquid and water, rinse and dry, then apply the protectant. When the bottle is empty, I go back to the dealer for my FREE refill. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts