LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
baaaaahhh
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all....great forum here..learning a lot. All I want to do at this point to my '05 GT) is make the sound more agressive. I was thinking of getting the super 40 mufflers from flowmaster and the magnaflow x-pipe. Now with these 2 things....is there a lot of the dreaded interior drone / resonance ? I have an A4 if that makes any difference. Also...where can I get the Magnaflow X pipe ?

Thanks again..

ps..how much I can I expect them to charge me for the install at the muffler store ?

Regards,

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
GT or GTO ??
either way, no matter which one, you're picking a bad combo... you dont mix chambered mufflers with an x pipe. it would sound like crap.

·
"Power Abuser"
1,080 Posts
FirstinLastout74 said:
Hey all....great forum here..learning a lot. All I want to do at this point to my '05 GT) is make the sound more agressive. I was thinking of getting the super 40 mufflers from flowmaster and the magnaflow x-pipe. Now with these 2 things....is there a lot of the dreaded interior drone / resonance ? I have an A4 if that makes any difference. Also...where can I get the Magnaflow X pipe ?

Thanks again..

ps..how much I can I expect them to charge me for the install at the muffler store ?

Regards,

I have exactly that on my car. I like the sound and several other people have said they like it too. They are alittle louder inside the car, but not bad at all.

Unfortunately I have heard too many bad things about the Flowmaster Super 40s and just ordered some Magnaflows to replace them with. I haven't felt any power loss, but suspect from all the negative threads on multiple forums that it is there. I plan on doing more to the car in the future so I don't see any point in leaving a potential choke point in place.

I would have gone with Hooker Maximum Flows, but from what I've found they don't come in any inlet/outlet setup that would allow them to go into the stock piping. I am going to have my exhaust guy remove the kink in my exhaust when we are under there this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts