LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
How much horsepower do they add? That's a rhetorical question because it's probably zero. I don't understand the obsession with the hood scoops. I don't need'em and I don't want'em.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ok, where can we see photo of "XB GT" for comparison. And no fair anyway, there were not supposed to be any thing else til next year and here they are changing things before get our first car. And hope they don't look like those Grand AM like things floating around here past few days. I am happy with no scoops but curious.

Back to :drink: :drink: :drink: while I wait.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just a couple of questions:

1) Why are they coming down the line if they're not intended for this MY?

2) If they are in fact 'test mules', why are they coming down the line when we're 4 weeks behind or more on current production?

None of this makes sense. I can't take anymore.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
Hood scoops on a GTO are nice.
But an LS2 is even NICER!
And the dual exhaust that comes with it are
the s***!

·
6,438 Posts
I was just thinking......

What is to stop GM from finishing up 2004 production
early and start building 2005s in May instead of July?
Who says they are actually going to build 18,000 2004s?

I am on to something, arent I?

Damn, I'm good!!

Dare to comment, Devil Yellow?

·
DOG
626 Posts
DevilYellow said:
weeeeellllll

to my udder dismay lets just say some of these cars are pushed back a "tad" more than some people think.

who knows.... they could be coming out of nowhere to suprise us loyal followers
All I can say is this. If the scoops are on the 2004 car, cool. If they aren't, thats still cool. But if they are on some but not all 2004 cars I'm going to be pissed if I don't have the scoops.

Enough said.

·
6,438 Posts
I'm not talking about 2004s, I'm talking about 2005s!

The bar has just been moved upward!

For all we know they might build 5-10,000 2004s
and 26-31,000 2005s.

You never know.

Which would be more valuable and desireable?
I'm going with the 2005.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It seems quite possible that they are tired of catching absolute hell about the look of the car and decidied to work this in to some extent. Maybe it would explain the GREAT SECRET and all the delays, and why the first commercial features a headlight and a tire-fryer session instead of the whole car. And maybe John DeLorean was on the Grassy Knoll. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGHHH!!!!

·
6,438 Posts
There is a precedence for this.
The 2002 Camaro/Firebird had production start in April 2001 instead of July so they could build more cars.

Boy, I am getting really excited about this. LOL.

Although part of me is wondering why they would let the GTO have the LS2 before the Ciorvette.

Maybe they'll do the scoops and exhausts and put the LS2 in later, or maybe he was just confused about the LS2 actually being in the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts