LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would let everyone know that hasn't seen our development work for the new diff mount on facebook, we are now in full production on our new heavy duty diff mount.
This heavy duty diff mount spreads the load out similar to a Harrop diff cover and bolts up to factory mounting points.
Also replaces the squishy OEM mount and is much more solid then a diff mount insert.
Features big twin poly bushings, all laser cut and tig welded.

The diff mounts are $269.

Here is a link to the mount on our web site.
https://gforce1320.com/product/04-06-gto-heavy-duty-dual-bushing-diff-mount/

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce 316-260-8433
[email protected]

·
Registered
234 Posts
This is funny. I have a similar style mount made by an Australian company (This design is more common there) and people said it was a junk design, will break something, etc. I've had it on my car for about 7k miles now and it's all good.

Yours is a good looking piece though, and the price point is nice too.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Can we use it as a jack point like we can with the original?

·
Hot Rod A.D.D!
1,330 Posts
This is funny. I have a similar style mount made by an Australian company (This design is more common there) and people said it was a junk design, will break something, etc. I've had it on my car for about 7k miles now and it's all good.

Yours is a good looking piece though, and the price point is nice too.
Yep I remember those threads

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can we use it as a jack point like we can with the original?
Yea, I suppose you could. Don't see what it would hurt.
I've always just jacked the car up under the diff. Some guys say not to do that but I never had any issues doing that.

·
Administrator
7,988 Posts
Yea, I suppose you could. Don't see what it would hurt.
I've always just jacked the car up under the diff. Some guys say not to do that but I never had any issues doing that.
This. I jacked up one of my previous GTO's by the OEM mount and ended up deforming the steel mount. Have been using the lip of the differential ever since.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I always jack up by the diff as well

·
Registered
791 Posts
That's weird. I never had an issue with the OEM mount bending when I put a jack on the jacking tab. I was told not to lift by the differential as it puts too much strain on the rubber in the mount (lifting the weight of the car vs. the diff hanging off the mount). As long as this can take the strain of lifting the car by the diff I'm up for ordering one.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's weird. I never had an issue with the OEM mount bending when I put a jack on the jacking tab. I was told not to lift by the differential as it puts too much strain on the rubber in the mount (lifting the weight of the car vs. the diff hanging off the mount). As long as this can take the strain of lifting the car by the diff I'm up for ordering one.
It's laser cut from 3/16" and 3/8" thick steel so I'm sure it can take it.
The oem mount was not nearly as thick of steel

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Did you guys notice a big difference on the track? at launch? and im guessing it would benefit any car even on the streets do to less flex right? I currently have the diff insert I have wanted a harrop but think its too much at this price point seems more like i could get into this rather then the harrop

·
Registered
756 Posts
Did you guys notice a big difference on the track? at launch? and im guessing it would benefit any car even on the streets do to less flex right? I currently have the diff insert I have wanted a harrop but think its too much at this price point seems more like i could get into this rather then the harrop
That's exactly what I was wondering as well. I bought a diff insert but never got around to installing it.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's exactly what I was wondering as well. I bought a diff insert but never got around to installing it.
All the feedback we have gotten is from aggressive street driving, and feedback was great. Firmer stiffer feel in the rear which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

Please send a message when the black ones are available. I will order one.
We have black ones going to powdercoat today, if you want one I'd call and get it on order 316-260-8433.

Were selling these mounts as fast we can make them. Were on the 2nd batch of 20 now..

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
791 Posts
Called, left VM on sales line this afternoon with no call back. I'll try again tomorrow..

·
USAF RET
751 Posts
Hind sight is 20/20. Had I only known, I'd have saved the extra money I spent on the Harrop cover and went with this.

Well, at least it looks good under there with the new axles and toe rods!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but got mine in the mail, fixing to install but are there any torque specs for anything or just go till you can go no more lol. Also, red loctite or no?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts