LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
The redheaded stepchild
664 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but got mine in the mail, fixing to install but are there any torque specs for anything or just go till you can go no more lol. Also, red loctite or no?
I used red Loctite on the 4 body mount bolts.

Just installed this and really enjoy a tight rear end.

·
Need To Drive More
1,458 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
4,442 Posts

·
The redheaded stepchild
664 Posts
Having had both a full blown Harrop cover and this GForce diff mount, I prefer the GForce diff mount because the hardware is far more beefier than what comes with the Harrop. I know a guy running a Harrop that had his diff drop from sheared bolts. BTW, that OEM like Harrop diff cover is only US$279 + US$269 = US$548

·
Premium Member
36,149 Posts
Having had both a full blown Harrop cover and this GForce diff mount, I prefer the GForce diff mount because the hardware is far more beefier than what comes with the Harrop. I know a guy running a Harrop that had his diff drop from sheared bolts. BTW, that OEM like Harrop diff cover is only US$279 + US$269 = US$548
holy crap. no bueno.

i used to lust over the harrop in the beginning. :nonono:

·
The redheaded stepchild
664 Posts
The cover itself is a lovely piece and I'm sure you could source stronger hardware for it but after spending that kind of coin (I got mine for like $425 brand new ~ 2009) it was not very confidence inspiring from the beginning. The GForce mount is quite stout and ready to party and the OEM diff cover is plenty sufficient at serving its purpose.

·
GR-RRR!
4,442 Posts
My Harrop came with grade 10.8 hardware. I would assume that to actually shear off the bolts on a Harrop you'd either have to have loose bolts, been driving through horrible wheel hop repeatedly or have installed something incorrect or some combination of the above. I'd think the bracket would break long before the bolts would shear when it is properly installed.

·
Need To Drive More
1,458 Posts
Installed the Harrop and the inner bolts that attach the bracket to the body are a pain to get in and tighten. If I place my current traditional Harrop cover for sale and get the stock mounting Harrop cover and the GForce mount, anyone interested?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had bad wheel hop, bought bags and this new diff bracket.
Was gunna put both in at same time, however the bags were too small (invoice and packing slip had correct part number). Never opened shipping box until ready to use (dumb of me). Was disappointed, but still installed new diff bracket, trans and motor mounts. Took it for a ride, NO WHEEL HOP! I am not saying that this cures wheel hop guaranteed. I am just sharing "I have no wheel hop now". Based on this the bags will be returned, "my wheel hop is gone so I am not gunna use them seeing as how I achieved my goal.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Can you tell us where to get the enduro cover for that price?
I really want one

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I wish gfoece offered their differential mount with rubber bushings instead of poly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts