LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 617 Posts

·
Need to Speed!!!!!
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd get this thread outta the Iowa GTO Sightings thread

GTO Greg and I had a great time this weekend at Tri-State and it was great meeting up with mk9190 and gtols1.
The only video we got was of my last run against mk9190. He beat me soundly :D When Greg gets back from travel we'll get it uploaded for your viewing pleasure.
The rest of the video's were from the inside of Greg's car. We both learned some things watching those.
I did manage to get the lowest R/T of the group 0.53 :D
and tried to beat it to the point of red lighting twice after that. Oh well.
Other PB's were 1.99 60'; 13.335 E/T and 106.9 MPH.

Can't wait to get back out on the track!!!!!!

I need some serious practice launching. Reving at 2k and then mashing to the firewall just doesn't make the car move. :eek: Wheel hop is particularly bad then too. gtols1 was staged behind me once and made the comment that he could see my tail pipes bouncing :banghead:
I think most of the rubber in the wheel wells were from post launch and just spinning the crap outta the tires for the first 20'. I'll need new tires sooner than later :D

Greg and I are planning on going to Tri-State again on Oct 14th and/or 15th. I would also like to try Cedar Falls before they close.

Lets see if we can get a bigger group of Goats at the track in October. Maybe if we do we can get a group deal.

Last Test & Tune at Tri-State is Oct 14 & 15

Remaining schedule at Cedar Falls is:
October
1st Closed For Summit World Bracket Finals.
7th Fun & Grudge Gates at 10AM
14th Open Test & Tune Gates @ 10 AM Elimn8u.com Open Comp Race
21st Open Test & Tune Gates @ 10 AM
28th Hallowild Free Trick or Treat for all kids best costume gets a trophy. Open Test & Tune & Gates @ 10 AM

I'm up for running at Tri-State Oct 14 & 15 (I really like running there) and then the 21st and 28th at Cedar Falls. (haven't run this one yet but looking forward to it)

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sounds good to me! I should know in the next couple of days if my car is going to be ready to go. If it is I will definately be heading for Tri State on the 14th. Anyone know if they follow the cage rule? I hope to run 11.2x and don't want to get kicked out.

·
Need to Speed!!!!!
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BCNUL8R said:
Sounds good to me! I should know in the next couple of days if my car is going to be ready to go. If it is I will definately be heading for Tri State on the 14th. Anyone know if they follow the cage rule? I hope to run 11.2x and don't want to get kicked out.
Long pants, closed shoes, helmet (maybe... depends on what day you are there). we saw some minus 12's with no cages. helmet at least.

A

·
Registered
169 Posts
BCNUL8R said:
We took 3 cars there that were from 11.49-10.60 :turbonaug They said "you drove here? Have fun!!!" They never batted an eye at us.

I've heard they are a bit more strict now, but I'd be surprised if they messed with anyone not running solid 10s.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Unstang said:
We took 3 cars there that were from 11.49-10.60 :turbonaug They said "you drove here? Have fun!!!" They never batted an eye at us.

I've heard they are a bit more strict now, but I'd be surprised if they messed with anyone not running solid 10s.
As long as everything turns out ok with my car I will plan on going then. I'm looking forward to getting back to the track it's been a while and I'm having withdraw symptoms...lol

·
Need to Speed!!!!!
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BCNUL8R said:
As long as everything turns out ok with my car I will plan on going then. I'm looking forward to getting back to the track it's been a while and I'm having withdraw symptoms...lol
The fastest thing out there was a Shevy S10 pickup that was lowered and chopped turned something like a 6.54 and kept it straight and level!!!!!!
Cool fookin truck!!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
BLK_Betty said:
The fastest thing out there was a Shevy S10 pickup that was lowered and chopped turned something like a 6.54 and kept it straight and level!!!!!!
Cool fookin truck!!!!
I'd be happy with that time in the 1/8th lol. I've seen some fast s10's around but nothing like that!!! That's along the lines of a Outlaw 10.5 car.

·
4 Doors?
1,196 Posts
Hey guys and gals. I could possibly go the 14th thats about my only open time. If everyone is up for that day. I will be there. Keep us posted on what day is decided on for TSR. mk9190 will go racing anytime anywhere.

·
oog
6,160 Posts
BLK_Betty said:
The only video we got was of my last run against mk9190. He beat me soundly :D When Greg gets back from travel we'll get it uploaded for your viewing pleasure.
I can't wait to see that video,that was my best run so far.I hope he got the burn out too.I can't believe how much rubber I had on the roof of my car after that.

·
ITSTOCK
321 Posts
BCNUL8R said:
I wouldn't worry about it. You should be fine.

Does anyone want too meet up somewhere and then caravan up. In the past few years we have met at the Marshalltown McDonalds off of HWY 30 and then drove on up. But I am not sure about the rest of the clan. Just thinking mainly of the Des Moines area group here.

·
4 Doors?
1,196 Posts
Darkhalf said:
I wouldn't worry about it. You should be fine.

Does anyone want too meet up somewhere and then caravan up. In the past few years we have met at the Marshalltown McDonalds off of HWY 30 and then drove on up. But I am not sure about the rest of the clan. Just thinking mainly of the Des Moines area group here.

We can probably work something out. What time does it open up. I dont know how to get there anyway.

·
oog
6,160 Posts
2kformula said:
What time does it open up. I dont know how to get there anyway.

Gates open at 8,racing starts at 10. TSR is 56 miles East of Waterloo on 20.Take the Earlville exit,at the top of the exit turn right.You can't miss it.

·
Iowa Goat Roper
113 Posts
I guess I'm going with a camera. I offered to drive Todd's car up there so he could sleep on the way up. His clean response was :fawkdance :fawkdance :bs: :bs: :barf:

I guess he'll just have to switch his nights around and get some sleep.

·
ITSTOCK
321 Posts
We usually meet in M-Town around 9:00 or so. Then head on up. Its not the quickest way to go, but it seems to be a good meeting spot for a lot of folks in the area.
The track is right off HWY 20, like Jeremy said you can't miss it.

·
oog
6,160 Posts
I'm talking with TSR right now about having a "Club Clash" on Oct 14th with a trophy to the winner. We need a minimum of ten cars to have a club clash.I need to know if you are planning on going so I can continue talks with TSR.Please post here or PM me asap!!! BTW you can still T&T if you lose a race during the clash. Members racing so far
mk9190
Blk Betty
GTO Greg
BCNUL8R
Darkhalf +2
2kformula
sjones99
gtols2(?)
8100hammer
Unstang(?)
m1tankr(?)
This is probably the last chance to race together as a group at TSR this year so don't miss the chance to get in all the fun
Later

·
oog
6,160 Posts
After a few emails with the track manager this is what I know so far.If we can get ten or more cars to race a "club clash" they will provide a trophy.Test and Tune or "club clash" is the same $35 to race and $7 for spectators.Parking is first come and staging lanes are assigned the day of the race.Gates open at 8, racing starts at 10and ends at 4:30.

1 - 20 of 617 Posts