LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I stand corrected but "difftechnics" are offering half shafts with universal joints each end. I understand with IRS where there is toe-in/toe-out and camber capabilities at the hub/wheel, then it is imperative to use a CVJ (at least one end). Universal joints both ends of a half shaft need their "companion flanges" to be "parallel" to function correctly and efficiently. Unless of course there is new technology that over-rides my comments.

Mike

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
mmciau said:
I stand corrected but "difftechnics" are offering half shafts with universal joints each end. I understand with IRS where there is toe-in/toe-out and camber capabilities at the hub/wheel, then it is imperative to use a CVJ (at least one end). Universal joints both ends of a half shaft need their "companion flanges" to be "parallel" to function correctly and efficiently. Unless of course there is new technology that over-rides my comments.

Mike
Here is their description of the half shafts:
"Of course when you upgrade your rear end to one of these super strong Nine Inch's you make another weak link We are of course refering to the C.V. Shafts, The soloution ? We now offer these super strong Universal style shafts they utillise thick wall tubes, heavy duty slip joints and heavy duty 1410 series universal joints."

No need for CV joint when you have a slip joint. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts