LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'll wait until a few more choices come out before I purchase. Not that they're bad, but competition never hurts anything. :) Besides, I got plenty of time. :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CMNTMXR57 said:
I'll wait until a few more choices come out before I purchase. Not that they're bad, but competition never hurts anything. :) Besides, I got plenty of time. :D

Yeah you do but I want my power now. :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Just run without one completely then. :p

Seriously though, you guys with the first GTO's are gonna be the guinea pigs for a lot of new products.

·
Aussie in the USA
310 Posts
magnumforc said:
Anyone know whether the '04 K&N filters fit the '05's? Some sites say yes but K&N doesn't show an '05 reference yet.....
Well, I ran into an '05 Goat owner on the weekend and asked him to pop the hood so I can see the engine compartment for the first time.

The airbox assembly between mine ('04) and his ('05) looked identical. So I'll thow an educated guess out there and say the filters inside them would be the same size.

You can always purchase one at Autozone for a few dollars more and throw it in to see if it fits. Or just pull your old filter out, take it into Autozone and butt it up against the K&N.

I'll bet they're identical . . . all things considered.

Let us know if you find something out. I'm still contemplating - some days - trading mine back in for an '05.

:secret:

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
The filter side opening of the MAF on 05's is 4", I dont believe it is that large on 04's.

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
K&N drop in filter

Yes the K&N drop-in filter for the '04 GTO fits the '05 GTO. I have one in my '05. Look up the part number for your stock filter in your manual. Then go to the K&N website and do a cross-reference look up on the GM part number and it will return the K&N filter number 33-2289. That is the part number for the '04 and '05.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts