LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I've been in contact with our friends down under doing some research. You see I have never been a real fan of what Pontiac did with the GTO front end.

I really like the Monaro front end so off I started with my research. It looks like the shipping is nearly as much as the parts, yikes!

But alot of that is based on volume. So the pricing for shipping two sets of items is nearly the same as one set.

I am just trying to guage interest, at about $1600 - $1700 shipped who is interested in changing their front end of their GTO to the Monaro front end from 2002 upto including the new 2005 look. All parts included from what I am told including Left Hand Drive headlights.

Who am I and can you trust me? Last question first, yes! I have been a long time BMW/European car enthusiast and in those communities people know and trust me. I can offer my ebay user id as a small reference. It is eurobuyers and my feedback score on over 400 total transactions is 100% positive!

If you are interested please feel free to contact me at

[email protected]

Steve

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
The Monaro fascia swap is simple and straightforward, but you do have to get a set of Monaro headlamps as well. The Monaro's headlamps are rounded at the inner corner where the GTO's are pointed. The 2005 Monaro's fascia will work with the GTO's headlamps.

One of you aftermarket vendors might want to come up with a Pontiac grille emblem to replace the lion on the front, at least to save some of use the trouble from replacing all the emblems throughout the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlights are supposed to be included.

TriShield said:
The Monaro fascia swap is simple and straightforward, but you do have to get a set of Monaro headlamps as well. The Monaro's headlamps are rounded at the inner corner where the GTO's are pointed. The 2005 Monaro's fascia will work with the GTO's headlamps.

One of you aftermarket vendors might want to come up with a Pontiac grille emblem to replace the lion on the front, at least to save some of use the trouble from replacing all the emblems throughout the car.

LOL!

Headlights are supposed to be included, they said nothing about the emblems

Thanks!!

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Steve Z1 said:
Headlights are supposed to be included, they said nothing about the emblems
I'm looking at getting the HSV Coupe body parts, and the correct headlights weren't included. Going the HSV route is becoming a very spendy proposition.

A GTO with a Monaro front bar would look kind of odd with a lion on the grille and arrowheads everywhere else. Someone will have to come up with a arrowhead for the front, or leave it blank I suppose.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
You know what I just noticed...That new Monaro front end has the Acura/Mazda family shape to the center intake area. Don't like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just a little note: in order to putchase HSV parts you need to be able to supply the dealer with a genuine HSV VIN number. You can overcome this by telling the guy whose going to buy it for you to go in the day before and write down the Vin number of one of the many HSV the dealer will have sitting on the showroom. Works a treat!!!

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
TriShield said:
A GTO with a Monaro front bar would look kind of odd with a lion on the grille and arrowheads everywhere else. Someone will have to come up with a arrowhead for the front, or leave it blank I suppose.
Or, if you go as far as changing the front end, just put a bowtie on it. Take off the GTO emblems. Make your own Chevelle.

It would definitely be unique over here. That is probably what I would do if I wanted to change the look.

·
black/black/m6 in SF bay area
30 Posts
I really don't like the monaro front including 2005, it is one thing IMHO pontiac did ok (but i like the recessed inserts of the autox)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts