LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, still continuing to use GMBuyPower to price the Goats...... No one is really budging from MSRP. The best I got was $710 off MSRP minus the $3500 rebate for the 2.9% financing for 60 months.

I live in Delaware if that helps and this search only goes 15 miles from my house. Any ideas on what to do to get a better price other than wait?

I've got the insurance thing covered, just waiting for a good deal.

Well, just got off the phone with another one as I was typing this..... $28500 is the best he'll do, he won't go lower......

What do you guys think?

Matt

·
Registered
103 Posts
Star Pontiac in Easton, PA

Matt,

Check out Star Pontiac in Easton PA, they have about 10 GTO's. Ask for Brennan and tell him Jon sent you. They'll probably do around invoice if not a few hundred over, but they're straight forward & brennan's brother is the finance manager so you will probably get approved for the 2.9

here's the phone number:

ask for brennan smith...he helped me out.
www.starpontiac.com

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
Matt,

do a search in CA.... the $$ you save might be worth the plane ticket and a fun ride home....

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys.......... CA is a little far for me to put 3000 miles on one initially. Now if the price is really good, then shipping it might not be an issue.

Jon, I will check them out now.............

Matt

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
WickedGoat said:
I live in Delaware if that helps and this search only goes 15 miles from my house. Any ideas on what to do to get a better price other than wait?
Just a shot in the dark, but try expanding that 15 mile search to about 200... :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
wait until December and they will be damn near desperate, like a two for one deal, haha, that would really piss some people off. :cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
WickedGoat said:
Well, still continuing to use GMBuyPower to price the Goats...... No one is really budging from MSRP. The best I got was $710 off MSRP minus the $3500 rebate for the 2.9% financing for 60 months.

I've got the insurance thing covered, just waiting for a good deal.

Well, just got off the phone with another one as I was typing this..... $28500 is the best he'll do, he won't go lower......

What do you guys think?

Matt
You can also try searching by City, I bought my GTP from Prince Frederick Motors in Prince Frederick, MD and they were ast least willing to deal when no other dealer was.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
goatwrx said:
wait until December and they will be damn near desperate, like a two for one deal, haha, that would really piss some people off. :cool:
I wouldn't wait that long. Once the dealers start to buy 2005 models (or should I say GM starts to force 2005 models on dealers) they will abandon the dealers and probably reduce incentives. This is how it always is - the best incentives tend to come out in end of summer, beginning of fall, and then drop off - We already lost the GM bonus and the lease rates on the car...You've got to remember that GM doesn't incentivize the cars for dealers to sell them, but they incentivize the cars so that dealers will buy more cars from GM. GM doesn't make money when a dealer sells a car, they make money when the dealer buys a car from GM. Once the 2005 models start to come in to dealers (ie, GM starts selling them to dealers) they have less of a reason to incentivize the 04s. Not to mention you'll probably be left with the demos, odd colors, etc...

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I see alot of guys getting them for $26000 or so in the midwest and left coast (CA). If I could swing one with a price like that and put down what I plan to, then we are talking a much better scenario. I talked to one internet sales manager today. She tried telling me that the $3500 rebate wasn't available for October. I told her to check again because I saw it on GM's website and got prices from 2 other dealers that already included it. She said she would look into it and call me back within 5 mins. Needless to say, she hasn't called and this was a few hours ago. I'll travel if need be, or have it shipped if it is too far. I just don't want to rack up a boatload of miles from the get-go.

I am kinda afraid to wait too long..... I agree about not getting a color I want or worse yet, no 6 speeds..... decisions, decisions....

edit - What have some you guys done to successfully work the dealer down on price and what do you consider a good price? The dealers' real invoice price? Below listed dealer invoice? under MSRP? Maybe I am being unrealistic?

·
Just Having Fun!
1,736 Posts
I know what you've been going thru. I've been to 6 dealers in the last 2 weeks and the best so far is 27500. I was about to give in but will wait a few more weeks. It can get frustrating at times but then again it still over almost $6K off MSRP.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would still wait.If a dealer has several(or more) 2004s sitting next to arriving 2005s they will go lower. If no one is buying , what will they do, hold their price stubbornly till 2006?

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nutiger - mind disclosing who gave you the price of 27500 and what the breakdown is?

Craig - I agree with you but am afraid of getting shafted with a color I don't want or an automatic. :banghead:

Matt

·
Registered
58 Posts
The best thing you can do is keep calling around, once you get one at a lower price, have another dealer beat that price. It was fairly easy for me to go into two dealerships with one not willing to budge and the other willing to negotiate. The Dealer that wanted to negotiate wanted to do so at his markup that was way over MSRP. We just told them if you want to sale the car today we would work from invoice. He countered with saying lets go MSRP to invoice at a 60/40 split in our favor. We agreed to the 60/40 split in our favor and got our goat about three months ago with the 2.9% financing. Its been a blast ever since. I do know a lot of dealers are trying to hold out with the mark up over MSRP but the closer we get to the 05's the more dealers will start going down in price. Dont do a deal unless its what you want or you will feel ripped off. Good hunting and I hope you get what you want.

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input guys....... guess I'm gonna have to really play around with this one and just resist test driving until the #'s are good. I'll crack if I drive it, I know it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
WickedGoat said:
Nutiger - mind disclosing who gave you the price of 27500 and what the breakdown is?

Craig - I agree with you but am afraid of getting shafted with a color I don't want or an automatic. :banghead:

Matt
Matt what color(s) are you looking for?

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Preferably Black on Black with a 6 speed......... maybe a Quicksilver with black interior as my 2nd choice and maybe, yet doubtful, on the Pulse red.......

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Don't know if anyone has seen this ad or not............

http://newspaperads.dfw.com/RopAds.aspx?adv=116664&ad=1185651

$7000 off. I emailed them and got a response..... deal isn't as good as it looks, but better than what I have come up with. I can post the email response if anyone, including the mods, doesn't object to it. Don't wanna step on any toes or make waves. However, they do have my black on black 6 speed.

Matt

·
Seriously?
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Link now worky........:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts