LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen this done before. I'd go measure myself but mine are still on my car... surely someone has some stock headers laying around. anyone know if this will work?

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on... it would be one hell of a cheap way to go w/ nitrous...

1 button for header cut outs...
1 button for nitrous...

amirite?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not sure how practical that would be. Putting cutouts in any type of header would put the cut out directly behind, or at least very near the O2 sensor. Since the front O2s are used for monitoring the A/F; this is undesirable, as venturi effects will suck ambient air back into the header, the O2 will read wrong, and dump all kinds of fuel into the motor.

·
Administrator
20,822 Posts
I have mine right after the headers. does that count?

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DaveLT19 said:
Not sure how practical that would be. Putting cutouts in any type of header would put the cut out directly behind, or at least very near the O2 sensor. Since the front O2s are used for monitoring the A/F; this is undesirable, as venturi effects will suck ambient air back into the header, the O2 will read wrong, and dump all kinds of fuel into the motor.
Isn't this fixable via tune?
wouldnt you want more fuel for the nitrous anyways?

·
Registered
231 Posts
no it will not be fixable via tune, beacuse no matter how in tune the car in at WOT (which is a predetermined "tuned in" A/F) the O2 will be reading all kinds of funny O2 values from the ambient air. And when i say dumping fuel, i ran my 97 Z28 with open LT headers, and O2s in (with a tune on it) and it ran like a total pile. Loaded up all over the place, and felt like i was running it at about half power.

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DaveLT19 said:
no it will not be fixable via tune, beacuse no matter how in tune the car in at WOT (which is a predetermined "tuned in" A/F) the O2 will be reading all kinds of funny O2 values from the ambient air. And when i say dumping fuel, i ran my 97 Z28 with open LT headers, and O2s in (with a tune on it) and it ran like a total pile. Loaded up all over the place, and felt like i was running it at about half power.
electronic cut outs... meaning they will be closed all the time except when i spray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts