LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to consider a cam (after headers), but wonder with the stock torque converter and heads if the gain is large enough to justify the time and expense!!

If a cam is justifiable, anyone got a cam they are using they would recommend and also specs of cam and results (1/4 mile or dyno results) with similar mods to what I have or will have (including headers, see sig)?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
you can only go so big with a stock stall unless you get some off teh wall custom grind. justifiable not reallty. fuddle verter plus install would put about in the same price range as a cam/install

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Check my sig...I'm happy with my dyno numbers (that's after a 3hr drive and a 20min cool down). I'm hitting the track this weekend...I'll post times if they improve. I will be doing a converter next though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cam it! Good gains and can always be added to later. Most owners do mods over a period of years because of the expense. Rough out the majors so you don't have to undoo previous work. Avoid situations like installing a blower cam and then buying a turbo (which performs better with a reverse split cam)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts