LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate the stupid 3 inch thick outline. makes it look like crap with tint. anyway to get a solid clear window to replace it?

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
i had a scratch in mine when i picked it up fromt he dealership. evidently its a real PITA according to them, they had my car for an entire day to shange the window.

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
bigdave22385 said:
i had a scratch in mine when i picked it up fromt he dealership. evidently its a real PITA according to them, they had my car for an entire day to shange the window.

they are bolted in If I remember right...

I would guess you could get custom glass cut...if you would pay for it... as with anything you can get anything for the right amount of $$$;)

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but whats the right amount of money to get that done? anyone out there actually have experience with this? or maybe someone that actually installs glass or cuts glass for a living?

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
I know on cars with the dot-matrix and what not is that some tint shops use vinyl now to hide it then tint around, they are doing that on my mustang

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah there are a few ways to deal with the dot matrix. i wet sanded mine. you can also paint them over. or glue between them . BUT. what i mean is the THICK dot matrix material on the out side of the dot matrix. the big border

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by the way. the sanding is a really pain in the ass. i never finished it and the guy tined over it with out my permission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts