LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ft. Drum is ghey
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an A4 with about 1700 miles on it...

I just ordered and installed the LS1 Speed Intake.... i'm not blaming on this on the product but i tried to do a burnout when i ATAP the car and the Timing Advance was at negative 2. Also the car had read like 600 misfires. I'm going to put the stock airbox back on today and ATAP it again... The motor just doesn't feel like it has 350 HP. Also when i floor it from a complete stop the tires don't spin, is this a problem???

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Traction Control Off??? Not that I made that mistake or anything......
:drink::drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Are you sure everything is sealed properly? Sounds like air is getting in after the MAF or you forgot to plug one of the two electrical connectors back in.

·
Ft. Drum is ghey
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could check everything else... but yes the traction control was off. But i plugged both sensors in... i gues i'll have to check everything when i get off work.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Do you have the MAF in with the airflow arrow pointing in the right direction?

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I have had traction control go glitchy on me occasionally at the dragstrip. It's pretty obvious when I can't do a burnout. It says it's off but is obviously on. When I cycle it on/off, it works and I can do my burnout. Might try that.

Padre

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
SilverStreakGTO said:
I have an A4 with about 1700 miles on it...

I just ordered and installed the LS1 Speed Intake.... i'm not blaming on this on the product but i tried to do a burnout when i ATAP the car and the Timing Advance was at negative 2. Also the car had read like 600 misfires. I'm going to put the stock airbox back on today and ATAP it again... The motor just doesn't feel like it has 350 HP. Also when i floor it from a complete stop the tires don't spin, is this a problem???
Are you saying the car was happy prior to the intake swap? Few or no misfires, no timing problem, burnouts-on-demand, etc.?

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
I had problems with the SPEED CAI, I sent mine back, I am now running the one from Gravana...... Works much better...... There is a a friend of mine in Michigan that bought the Speed CAI and it ran bad on his car too... at the track it fell off and kept bogging down.

·
Ft. Drum is ghey
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i'm guessing autos can burnout on demand but mine is being wierd. I will try cycling the traction control, thanks. MAF is in the right way. Burnout will go to about 2300 and just stay there... tires will smoke but wont go any higher... like there is a hesistation.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Rockos GTO said:
I had problems with the SPEED CAI, I sent mine back, I am now running the one from Gravana...... Works much better...... There is a a friend of mine in Michigan that bought the Speed CAI and it ran bad on his car too... at the track it fell off and kept bogging down.
Sometimes it's the installer too. Sorry, not to cast any aspersions or anything.

My car was one of Speed Inc.'s test cars for their intake along with two others. I have no problem with mine and mine has been removed and replaced several hundred times. I'm also running an SLP MAF (larger bore) and a larger filter and I still don't have a fitment problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts