LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A shop I have gone to before that does really good work said they can install some HID's for $650 (this includes the kit and install).

They said it is a high quality 8500k light.

Just wondering if this is a good price. I know the LS1Speed HID's can be bought for $450 or something.

Thanks.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
The higher the light color, the less light you will end up seeing on the road. I wouldnt go above 6k personaly and the 4100k I believe the LS1Speed kit comes with is ideal for overall output. The main thing you would notice is the color shift towards pink/purple the higher you go.

The LS1speed kit also comes with billet adapter rings so they snap right in and I believe it also has wire harness adapters (correct me if i'm wrong) so it is just plug and play. Any other kit would likely only come with bulbs and ballasts. Not exactly plug and play.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Read this page.

Basically, it says that most OEs (such as BMW and Audi, for example) use 4100K HID systems. 8000K range apparently is very green (there're pictures on that page).

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
I have a 4100k system and it is amazing. The color is pure white(very close to sunlight). The output of the system is 10xs brighter than stock it seems. The pattern it throws is very consistant and has a very nice cut off across the top. I can also see much better off to the side of the car. Ask Snow Goat. We put our two cars next to each other and it was hard to tell if his was on even.

Plus the higher temp ones don't color things properly, have a lower light output level, and look more illegal.

I wouldn't suggest anything much higher than 4100k, definately not the 8500k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts