LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
yep -- That's the solution to the "bent-air problem" that we previously said was unsolvable! Keep in mind, the $3500 price tag is in Australian Dollars. That translates to $2500US. The $1100 installation kit tags out for $786US. So that's about $3250 for the whole shebang. Personally, I think HEADS and a CAM would be a much better investment. However, the problem IS solved.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
RedThunder said:
yep -- That's the solution to the "bent-air problem" that we previously said was unsolvable! Keep in mind, the $3500 price tag is in Australian Dollars. That translates to $2500US. The $1100 installation kit tags out for $786US. So that's about $3250 for the whole shebang. Personally, I think HEADS and a CAM would be a much better investment. However, the problem IS solved.
its too much in either dollar :gr_jest:
 

·
Admin
Joined
·
9,705 Posts
I think it would create more problems. This setup uses a little "throttle body" on each cylinder and requires a MAFLESS tune. It might work great for race cars but might not provide the velocity that the current LS6 or LSX intakes provide.
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
To busy looking under the hood and what's with the duct tape . . .

Doc
 

·
Enjoy the trolls
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
sealed or not sealed?

The concept drawing looks like the airbox is sealed.



The actual setup is questionable. I am not sure if the cone filters are sealed or open to the hot engine air. Are these cut outs? If they are, then it defeats the purpose. So we are back to "hot air induction" again. And again.......




I agree with the comments about how fugly the engine bay looks after this set-up. My engine bay stil looks infinitely more desirable than that even after I insulated my intake with fiberglass and foam insulation tape.
 

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
desertgoat said:
The actual setup is questionable. I am not sure if the cone filters are sealed or open to the hot engine air. Are these cut outs? If they are, then it defeats the purpose. So we are back to "hot air induction" again. And again.......
The air intake assembly is sealed to the hood, notice the weatherstrip around the air filters. The air intake pan looks like its fiberglass which should be a good heat barrier. While this is great and probley is a good set up, you could get a set of AFR heads for that money.

Kinda makes the LS1 look like an exotic ferrari engine.
 

·
I like boobs.
Joined
·
6,581 Posts
Looks poorly made IMO. If i'm going to drop $2500 on an intake like that, it better be made of high density carbon fiber and the entire thing should look at least this good:

 

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats an intake manifold, the harrop set up is 8 throttle bodys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
GMH GTO said:
Thats an intake manifold, the harrop set up is 8 throttle bodys.

But that ugly fiberglass box that attaches to the tubes that feeds the throttle bodies could look nicer and also not appear to be paper mache that is ready to fall apart.
 

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thoes are pics of the prototype version. Its made by Harrop, they don't settle for producing anything less then the best, have a look at their other products.
 

·
I hack cars.
Joined
·
8,111 Posts
Wow, I don't see Dinner or KY included in the price or the install kit.
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
looks like a tuning nightmare.

I'm assuming that is a prototype photo and the final product will look much better. But it is way too expensive a solution.

Go Red Sox!
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
I was thinking of trying to adjust 8 TB's along with the fuel curve. I am thinking back to the days of out board motors with carbs on each cylinder..
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top