LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one in your CAR!!! Jeez. :D

Seriously, I forgot to post this at the 500 mile oil change and today I did the 1,000 mile oil change and remembered to ask about this.

My dipstick is all twisted up? Are yours?

·
3,327 Posts
Mine is a corkscrew shape, if that is what you mean.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
OIL Dipstick

Ah Geez....mine's straight...scr***d again!... :sneaky:
:drink: :drink: :drink:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
The oil dipstick on my car is a "corkscrew" shape and does not reseat without turning. I've seen twists at the very end of most oil dipsticks, but not all the way up, like the one on my GTO. Have you noticed that when it's seated the ring is always perpendicular to the fuel rail cover?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:slap: I think I am just as twisted as my dip stick :p

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Oil Dipstick

FLORIT said:
The oil dipstick on my car is a "corkscrew" shape and does not reseat without turning. I've seen twists at the very end of most oil dipsticks, but not all the way up, like the one on my GTO. Have you noticed that when it's seated the ring is always perpendicular to the fuel rail cover?
Yeah, seating it takes that funny quater twist...O-ring? Once seated, it spins freely.... :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
392 Posts
My dip stick has about Three twist at the very top. It seals with an "O" ring snug. I don't see a problem. 864mi. 500mi oil change to Mobil 1. Still in the safe zone.. COS

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Full Moon

It's a Full Moon folks.... :sneaky:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Old Goat said:
It's a Full Moon folks.... :sneaky:
Don't look at me, my pants are up. :p Anyways my dipstick has about 3 twists (corkscrew).

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Mine is twisted too and it seems rather flimsy for such a nice car....

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is twisted. It goes right in no problems, however, the twisting isn't an even twisting the entire way down. Almost as if it's been randomly twisted.

Be thankful our LS1's are a 1 piece unit. F-Body's have a two piece unit riveted together about halfway down the length.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Hey - I just noticed, my wheels are round! Get that, round! Are they supposed to be that way?

Sorry to pile on - just thought it was funny.
Dan

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Hey - I just noticed, my wheels are round! Get that, round! Are they supposed to be that way?
My wheels are rectangular.......Oh I see I was looking from the rear and you are looking from the side.
:drink: :drink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts