LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on a mission from...
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Zaino kit a few months ago, however have not applied it to the goat yet. I have the regular z-5. Is the z-5 PRO worth getting?

Thanks, :patriot:
 

·
on a mission from...
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the old stuff....the regular Z-5. Just wondering if pro is worth getting?
 

·
...brah
Joined
·
8,804 Posts
Having used z5 more times than I can count and using z5 pro for only 3 applications so far on my car, I am giving the edge to z5 pro. Z5 pro seems easier to remove with less streaking. I also noticed that my car is easier to dry with z5 pro over z5...this one might just be in my head though.
However, I like the smell of z5 better than the smell of z5 pro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
well you bought Z5 cause it was the best on the market, its not like its all of a sudden a bad product

just use it up and then get Z5 pro

Z2 pro is what will give you the best shine anyways
 

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
slammin86 said:
Having used z5 more times than I can count and using z5 pro for only 3 applications so far on my car, I am giving the edge to z5 pro. Z5 pro seems easier to remove with less streaking. I also noticed that my car is easier to dry with z5 pro over z5...this one might just be in my head though.
However, I like the smell of z5 better than the smell of z5 pro.
Agreed.
 

·
on a mission from...
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thull said:
well you bought Z5 cause it was the best on the market, its not like its all of a sudden a bad product

just use it up and then get Z5 pro

Z2 pro is what will give you the best shine anyways

Never thought it was bad product...just wondering if the difference was significant. Read some good reviews on the Z5 pro.
 

·
Beer Geek
Joined
·
3,713 Posts
How many scratches you got to fill? I started with Z-5 around 30k miles, had been using carnuba up to then. Z-5 worked great.

Ran out around 55k miles, Z-5 pro is what I got this time. I got 'there' with four coats of Z-5 pro (Z-5p, Z-5p, Z-2p, Z-5p, Z-5p and 1 coat of 50-50 Z-2p/Z-5p) and since then two coats of Z-2p. I was expecting to use 6 coats of regular Z-5, so the pro saved me a little time, but not much.

If you got more than 40, maybe 45k miles on the car go ahead sell your Z-5 and start with the Z-5pro. Otherwise I agree with the others, use up the Z-5 and get the Z-5pro next time.

FWIW I am very happy having used up my Z-6 and having switched to Z-8 exclusively. Ten bucks, yeah it was worth it.
 

·
1 of 262
Joined
·
10,362 Posts
rippinbyu said:
Never thought it was bad product...just wondering if the difference was significant. Read some good reviews on the Z5 pro.
The new Z-5 has fillers in it to hide swirl marks and that's what it does. If your car has a lot of swirls (all daily drivers do), buy this from Tropi-Care.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top