LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gang,
I took my poor-suffering 2005 GTO into a local Long Beach, CA shop (which shall remain nameless, for now) to have the ride height raised just 1/2". A simple job, you would think for a shop experienced with suspension work. No.
They ignored my copy of the BC strut installation manual and pretty much anything I had to caution them about, like releasing the clamps that held the reservoir to the shock body before turning any parts.
Well, it took their mechanic only 2 minutes to force the strut and have shock fluid pouring out of the right front strut reservoir. :smack2:
Does anyone have a complete strut assembly, [including the spring, upper insulator, bumper, spring seat, strut bearing, mount] for the Rt Front of a 2005 or 2006 GTO that I could rent/borrow/ or buy, if necessary?
I only need it long enough to get the car back to my own garage, about 20 miles, and get the strut rebuilt by BC (maybe a few weeks).
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow-up info on this situation, info for other BC Racing parts users: BC won't sell most repair parts, so a new subassembly consisting of Front Damper & Lower Mount Assembly had to be Special Ordered ...from KOREA... ($314) and it will take over a month to get to me in LA. All of this could have been avoided if this shop would have bothered to listen to me or read the BC Installation Instruction Manual that I provided when I first brought the car into their shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts