LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was called and the dealer said her cosmic purple gto is built, now just waiting for a boat ride and truck ride here. May have it some year :( Freakin taking forever only ordered 12/31/2003 :banghead:

But the good news is that there is a Magna Charger installer local. More Performance here in Charlotte will be putting it in. I am having it picked up and dropped off straight from the dealer to the shop.
I am having all of the silver s/c parts powder coated to match the cosmic purple. Should look great.

Going to really bum out some ricers, hell even some vettes and f-bodies seeing my wife in a GTO and having their door blown off. She will have more rwhp then my baby now. Kewl part is that they will use my LS1edit so I get to keep the tune and tweek it even more :D

Here were the numbers on the s/c.

The pricing is as follows:

Magnacharger polished kit for 6495.00 or silver kit for 5495.00
Labor to install $560
Chassis dyno time $300 approx
Tuning using your LS1 edit $300

·
Registered
980 Posts
You should change your screen name to JealousOne immediately!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
kick_*ss said:
My wife was called and the dealer said her cosmic purple gto is built, now just waiting for a boat ride and truck ride here. May have it some year :( Freakin taking forever only ordered 12/31/2003 :banghead:

But the good news is that there is a Magna Charger installer local. More Performance here in Charlotte will be putting it in. I am having it picked up and dropped off straight from the dealer to the shop.
I am having all of the silver s/c parts powder coated to match the cosmic purple. Should look great.

Going to really bum out some ricers, hell even some vettes and f-bodies seeing my wife in a GTO and having their door blown off. She will have more rwhp then my baby now. Kewl part is that they will use my LS1edit so I get to keep the tune and tweek it even more :D

Here were the numbers on the s/c.

The pricing is as follows:

Magnacharger polished kit for 6495.00 or silver kit for 5495.00
Labor to install $560
Chassis dyno time $300 approx
Tuning using your LS1 edit $300
Your gonna strap a S/C on it with less than 50 miles on it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
my car was built on 6/08 and made the boat. should be in cali around the 15th of july i am told. the wait is almost over.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dbluegoat Yup dont really care about the engine and drive train warrenty. The car is not that expensive, and worse case is that if the engine is toasted I drop in a ls2/ls7 :)

dmonty I am trying to get her to get ppleatr - it would be a purple people eater then :D

Depending on the manifolds, I most likely will throw on some FLP LTHeaders.

I am hoping it turns out to be one hell of a fast ride. May even get her to take the drag racing classes up around rockingham dragway and get her hooked on drag racing ( legally ). Figure if she likes that one enough she wont complain to much if I trade in the SS for a 2k5 z06 ;) although I love my SS.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
kick_*ss said:
dbluegoat Yup dont really care about the engine and drive train warrenty. The car is not that expensive, and worse case is that if the engine is toasted I drop in a ls2/ls7 :)

dmonty I am trying to get her to get ppleatr - it would be a purple people eater then :D

Depending on the manifolds, I most likely will throw on some FLP LTHeaders.

I am hoping it turns out to be one hell of a fast ride. May even get her to take the drag racing classes up around rockingham dragway and get her hooked on drag racing ( legally ). Figure if she likes that one enough she wont complain to much if I trade in the SS for a 2k5 z06 ;) although I love my SS.
sounds like you have way TOOOOO much money to blow, must be nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts