LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have seen my car, it is really here. I will be picking it up on Saturday, but you got to hear what the dealer tried.

They called today and said I could pick up my car Saturday. I asked what the interest rate was that I would be getting and they told me 6.9%. I told them that I would be financing my car through my credit union because I was get 3 months no interest and no payments with a 4.65% rate.

They came back to me and said that I had to finance the car through GMAC as part of my deal, although it was not in the original paperwork. I then asked what the problem was because I never heard of such a thing. After going back and fourth for awhile the sales manager said that since they made my deal for MSRP back during pre-order, the owner found out that dealerships where getting about $4000 MSRP and he was mad. So to get his GM owner points, whatever they are, I have to finance through them.

So after going back and forth again, they have honored their MSRP agreement and I am financing through my credit union. I hope everyone has an signed agreement because these dealerships are trying to f#*# us.

Anyway I hope I can sleep the next two nights.

:bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished the paperwork on my Blk/Blk A4 at a Mass. dealership and I couldn't be happier. Paid MSRP and financed through bank of my choice @ 4.49%. I told the dealer I would never pay over MSRP and he agreed that it is robbery for a dealer to charge any more.
Pick mine up Saturday too. Congrats on your new Jacket!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Congrats- you guys dug out enough to get a drive yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you can see the black-top of the road, but the only driving that car is going to see this winter is home and to get the windows tinted. Then she will sleep until spring in its nice California Car Cover blanket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's Here!!! I got a call from my dealer in Colorado yesterday and he said that my Silver/Black Goat just came in. I couldn't sleep all night and I can't wait to get off work to day to hopefully get it today.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Well congrats to y'all. This is really steam rolling!!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Man I am driving in all sorts of snow...2nd gear starts and full gas tank! Glad your dealer saw the "light". My dealer said that he had asked over MSRP, once...and never again because customers have a long memory!

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Glad to see the dealer honored his agreement.

Just shows that the key for everyone is to have a signed sales agreement. Not just a deposit receipt. The agreement is a legal contract (at least in NJ it is) which they have to abide by.

My dealer back here in central jersey was great - no pressure on anything extra. They called and said car was in - come and get it at agreed to MSRP. In fact they have called since to make sure I was happy with the car. I have a few small problems and will bring in the car next week and they have told me a loaner is ready when I come in.

Couldn't ask for more.

The dealer is Coast Buick-Pontiac in Sea Girt NJ - I think they have 1 order left. Just ask for Frank - just tell him his first GTO sale said to give him a call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts