LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
--Insert witty comment here--
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dropped off the check for the deposit on a new motor.
:D
1,800 miles, I must have my head examined.
;)
I'm having a local shop build me a 408, forged internals, studded mains, all the good stuff.
11.1 CR, Stage 3 LS6 heads, and a cam somewhere in the 242-246 range. The SW headers are in their boxes, going dual 3", no cats/mufflers.
:eek:
Pray for me Padre, that this sickness may end!
Further bullitens as events warrant.
Edit-If anyone wants a spare engine, my original engine will be for sale shortly. It has Patriot S2 heads, and a Comp 230/228 cam, and fresh pushrods, all done at 960 miles.
I think I'm gonna go have a beer now, doh......
:drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Sam 04 GTO said:
;)
I'm having a local shop build me a 408, forged internals, studded mains, all the good stuff.
11.1 CR, Stage 3 LS6 heads, and a cam somewhere in the 242-246 range. The SW headers are in their boxes, going dual 3", no cats/mufflers.
aww sweet........congrats.......what kind of HP do you think you will get?

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Sam 04 GTO said:
Problem is I have the same sickness. What did the Big Guy say about physician cure thyself? :gr_jest:

You better.

Padre

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Padre-You're no help on this, LOL!
;)
Dblue-From the reseach I've done on ls1tech.com and others, I'll be happy with anything over 475 at the wheels. I've seen some with a bit more aggressive cam do 515, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
:)

·
21,898 Posts
Sam 04 GTO said:
Padre-You're no help on this, LOL!
;)
Dblue-From the reseach I've done on ls1tech.com and others, I'll be happy with anything over 475 at the wheels. I've seen some with a bit more aggressive cam do 515, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
wow that is going to be a sweet machine.......cost? I guess your warranty is gone... :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm jealous. If only I didn't have a fourteen year old that wants to be a rock star. All of my Mod money goes into electric guitars and drum sets.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Sam 04 GTO said:
;)
Edit-If anyone wants a spare engine, my original engine will be for sale shortly. It has Patriot S2 heads, and a Comp 230/228 cam, and fresh pushrods, all done at 960 miles.
I think I'm gonna go have a beer now, doh......
:drink: :drink: :drink:
thats a very nice set up! make sure to keep us updated man!

talking about sickness? this is what i call CTD and thats Cars Transmitted Diseases :drink: :gr_jest:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I need to buy more lotto tickets.
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
WyoGTO said:
I'm jealous. If only I didn't have a fourteen year old that wants to be a rock star. All of my Mod money goes into electric guitars and drum sets.
I wish my 14 year old was a rock star so I would have MOD money
:p

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Hmmm..... I saw a 2000 Beetle for sale that needed an engine, wonder if it will fit :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Very cool... How are you planning to handle all that HP? Meaning your, rearend and tires. Are you going to do anything special back there too? Good luck w/ everything...

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
How much do you want for the old engine?

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Josephra- I'll be running the stock clutch 'till it frys, then a Spec. I don't know about going too sticky on the tires just yet, I can't afford to do the whole driveline at once, doh!
Sy-You have a PM.

·
Registered
607 Posts
there's always that $$ factor. In due time...

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I'm with Tails. I gotta buy a home and marry a woman, both those take a lot of my frivolous mod fundage that wasn't an issue back in the days of the Camaro.

·
21,898 Posts
04redgto said:
i had at least 10k in my blazer and now i got the goat and all the money goes into savings DAM IT!!!
what the hell is wrong with you..... :slap: :driving: :gr_jest:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts