LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to stretch the time of the stock clutch since I have had the maggie a few months, but the time has come. I know that if I go to the track I will smoke this thing completely and be towed home.

I looked on textralia's site but it dosen't show what the horsepower ratings are for each different level clutch and damn those things are expensive. I went on byunspeed.com or something and saw a bunch of clutches on there for the goat.

I been keeping my eye on the Ram clutches, the price is very attractive.

I been stuck to this computer for days now, doing research on clutches through this forum. Spec looks good, but that pic with the bottom end blown up on someone's car in here made me look elsewhere.

I don't want to blow my money on an LS7 clutch, because I will be doing more mods in the future and don't want to be limited at 500 rwhp.

So....I am looking at Ram, RPS, mabe textralia but the price is insane.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Isn't there a deal going on over on ls1tech on the dual disc tex?

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
PM jjw3477 to get specs for the RPS Stage 3+ clutch with 2900 lb. pressure plate. I know a bunch of people on this forum are using this clutch and it's just awesome once you get it broken in and you don't need to shim a damn thing. Also, if you buy it, get the external SS bleeder line as it makes changing the clutch fluid and bleeding a breeze.

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Owe5Goat said:
. Also, if you buy it, get the external SS bleeder line as it makes changing the clutch fluid and bleeding a breeze.
please tell me more about this line. Link would be great.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
I tried to stretch the time of the stock clutch since I have had the maggie a few months, but the time has come. I know that if I go to the track I will smoke this thing completely and be towed home.

Just run it!! I'll take the trailer! LOL

·
Registered
212 Posts
zoom is coming out with a clutch and its going to be badass i would wait a month if you can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts