LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SLP has just released the part number and pricing for their new GTO Loudmouth exhaust and we already have a bunch on order. This will allow us to provide you with some of the first systems that ship!

Exhaust System, "Loud Mouth" 2004 GTO

Looking for the ultimate GTO cat-back system? SLP's new GTO Loud Mouth employs an integral X-pipe crossover and specially designed "Shotgun" race mufflers to provide superior flow and performance, while minimizing interior resonance. The resulting tone is deep, rich, and powerful-the consummate fusion of muscle-car aggression and grand-touring civility. Like all SLP exhaust systems, the GTO Loud Mouth is hand-built from 100 percent stainless steel and carries a limited lifetime warranty.

Features
Constructed entirely from mandrel-bent 304 stainless steel (2.5" OD)
Equipped with an integral X-pipe crossover for optimum performance and sound quality
Custom-designed "Shotgun" race mufflers provide virtually unrestricted exhaust flow
Features two hand-polished, double-wall tips
Designed to OEM standards of fit and durability
Covered by a limited lifetime warranty

Projected Date of Availability: July 30

The factory system sounds good for a production exhaust. This one will let everyone know your car is a little different from the rest! It will provide you with a deep, "muscle car" sound and also help the engine breath better.

Our regular retail is $589.99 plus you can save some $ by ordering online.

I'll post info as I receive it.

Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - [email protected]

Price Match Plus policy

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 10% off sale will be ending on Sunday (6/20). The online discount ($25.) will apply to regular priced orders after the sale ends.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Just ordered it.

Thanks
HEY SPD,
you gotta make sure to post a review of the exhaust when you get it. sounds? and a dyno sheet would be awesome. this is the exhaust that i am considering as well. i just wanna make sure that it LOUD and that it will give atleast 15hp gain.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well I wont get it until August sometime so it might be a while. As for a dyno sheet the closest place that I know of that dynos is about 35 miles from me. LS1 Speed in Schaumburg. I have no reason to go up there. Once I do some mechanical work to the car I will get it dynoed before and after.

Whats nice about the exhaust is the fact its 2.5" and its the cheapest one out now. Beside if I dont like the sound I could change out the mufflers with something else.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Well I wont get it until August sometime so it might be a while. As for a dyno sheet the closest place that I know of that dynos is about 35 miles from me. LS1 Speed in Schaumburg. I have no reason to go up there. Once I do some mechanical work to the car I will get it dynoed before and after.

Whats nice about the exhaust is the fact its 2.5" and its the cheapest one out now. Beside if I dont like the sound I could change out the mufflers with something else.
ok thats fair. i know where LS1 speed is. im about 5 minutes from there.

i thought that this exhaust doesnt come with mufflers. am i wrong?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
If you look at the other exhaust systems out they're all expensive. Corsa is $675-$800. Borla is $770 and Stainless Works is from $700-$800.

The SLP system is on sale with 10% off. So you will save about $59 for a 2.5" 304 stainless steel system.

Its going to cost $539. I THINK.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
If you look at the other exhaust systems out they're all expensive. Corsa is $675-$800. Borla is $770 and Stainless Works is from $700-$800.

The SLP system is on sale with 10% off. So you will save about $59 for a 2.5" 304 stainless steel system.

Its going to cost $539. I THINK.
yes i agree with you. i am leaning towards the SLP for a few reasons.
1. competitive price
2. i like SLP stuff
3. i have good experience with the Loudmouth on my GP.
4. its made of T-304 steel
5. it appears that it will be significanlty lighter than stock or any other exhaust out already.
6. it fits factory brackets(and rear bumper)

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was told that they should be ready to go soon. I'm going to try to get another update this week.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Cool!!!

Keep me posted?

Thanks
hey SDF
can you please post lots of pics and what you of the exhaust. im very interested in the SLP. thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts