LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We are now taking pre-orders for the new SLP Ram Air hood!

SLP Performance Parts, the aftermarket’s premier source for OEM-quality hoods and body components, is pleased to offer the all-new "Ram-Air H.O." hood for 2004-up Pontiac GTOs. Equipped with a pair of subtly styled nostril scoops, it infuses the GTO with a much-needed dose of visual excitement, without fundamentally altering the car’s clean, distinctive shape. Behind the scoops, custom-formed inlet ducting mates directly to the car’s factory air-box opening, creating a fully functional ram-air setup worth up to 10 horsepower over stock. This is the hood GM should have built in the first place!

Our part number and price is -

100195 SLP GTO Ram Air hood $779.99. You can save $25. by placing your order on our website. The first batch of these should start shipping around September 15th!

Tom

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I asked for better pics of this friggin' thing last week and what do we get? Nothing, that's what. Why's it such a big secret hmm??

AND why did the mate this thing to the factory airbox??? With the scoops so far to the front and low, why didn't they make an intake that goes right into the TB? Tb to MAF to short flat really wide piece to the nose. Sort of like an airbridge on a Vette but different.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
phobos512 said:
I asked for better pics of this friggin' thing last week and what do we get? Nothing, that's what. Why's it such a big secret hmm??

AND why did the mate this thing to the factory airbox??? With the scoops so far to the front and low, why didn't they make an intake that goes right into the TB? Tb to MAF to short flat really wide piece to the nose. Sort of like an airbridge on a Vette but different.
yeah definitely need more pics.........

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to see if I can get some better pictures of this hood. I don't have any answers as to why they designed the induction like they did. It might have been so there isn't the added cost of purchasing the induction too.

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
ram air would be sweet ,but that hood doesnt look all that great ,im shure theres some kind of like air hole /tube that runs to the air box . might be good for hp but the look is so so. little to grand am for me i think.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
conan said:
80 bucks a horse, I would really have to LOVE the look. Lets see some REAL PHOTOS

well you have to include S/H and a good paint job with any aftermarket hood. so it will cost you more like $1300+/-.
trust me, you aren't buying these hoods for horsepower, you are buying them a more aggressive look.
if you want horsepower, spend your $1300 on something else.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
well you have to include S/H and a good paint job with any aftermarket hood. so it will cost you more like $1300+/-.
trust, you aren't buying these hoods for horsepower, you are buying them a more aggressive look.
if you want horsepower, spend your $1300 on something else.
Exactly. The look is what your buying here. From what I can see, I like it, but I'll need to see more pics as well.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
just out of curiosity. does the pic of the bobcat look like the front tire is off the ground? or is just me?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Blitzu said:
I just can't really see paying for something that looks almost identical to stock... if it had abit more flair to it along with the holes I might consider it. It still keeps the "plain jane" look to it.
i completely agree with you.

but i think that if people want flare they will go for the MPD or PFYC. i guess the SLP hood might be a good set up who want hood scoops but dont want to be really stand out. so i guess it gives us more choices

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Blitzu said:
I don't think it looks that bad, sort of reminds me of what Ford was trying to do with their new mustang's hood.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH my eyes.............make it go away!!! :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts