LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's only cosmetic...
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting the car where I've always imagined. Just a few exterior cosmetic issues to finish and some seats to fix.

The wheels are going to be lighter, still need to find the right color in powder coat. VMR worked with me because the color was darker than I expected. The fitment is perfect.

I had to put a thin wheel spacer on the front to clear the calipers. The wheels just barely interfered with the calipers.

I'm taking more pics with my camera this weekend. This was a quick side of the road shot using my phone.

Enjoy!

·
It's only cosmetic...
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks wonderful!

Do you plan on doing the rear brakes as well to Brembo?
Already done. Just can't see it in this picture.

That reminds me. The C6 Z06 has two brake options. One is drilled, the other is not.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,375 Posts
Looks like the CTS-V/ZL1 rotors? Definitely fills out that 19" wheel.
Does it look like there would be a chance of those fitting behind an 18"?

·
It's only cosmetic...
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks clean!
Thank you.

Looks like the CTS-V/ZL1 rotors? Definitely fills out that 19" wheel.
Does it look like there would be a chance of those fitting behind an 18"?
They are the two piece rotors from a CTS-V/ZL1. The larger rotor setup will not fit an 18 inch wheel. The caliper is too far out to clear the barrel of an 18 inch wheel.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,375 Posts
They don't fit on VMR 18's (Which I had before), but they do fit on APEX EC-7 18's, that's the wheel setup I'm running with the "BFBK".
I guess I chose incorrectly going with APEX ARC-8s.

What are your wheel specs and did you need a spacer?

Those two-piece CTS-V/ZL1 rotors are the cheapest two piece around and they're straight from Brembo.
They're actually cheaper if you can find them in their Brembo form that as "AC Delco"...going to be running them on my SS.

Reactions: dclaw_fantum

·
Registered
20 Posts

Those two-piece CTS-V/ZL1 rotors are the cheapest two piece around and they're straight from Brembo.
They're actually cheaper if you can find them in their Brembo form that as "AC Delco"...going to be running them on my SS.
18X9" ET42 with a 265/35
18X9.5" ET43 with a 285/35

I have a 6mm spacer front and rear to make clearance for the tires. The front wheels clear the brakes without it, but the tire would sit on the coilover body @ 2 degrees camber. The rear work without it, I just put them on for looks purposes, to be more flush with the fender.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,375 Posts
18X9" ET42 with a 265/35
18X9.5" ET43 with a 285/35

I have a 6mm spacer front and rear to make clearance for the tires. The front wheels clear the brakes without it, but the tire would sit on the coilover body @ 2 degrees camber. The rear work without it, I just put them on for looks purposes, to be more flush with the fender.

View attachment 511105
I'm liking everything I'm seeing in this picture.
(y)

·
It's only cosmetic...
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I bought the Brembo boxed ones, it was much more economical. Also only need to machine the hat once. Just swap the discs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts