LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
should have had a v8
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my JBA cat back for my 05. I have to say its total crap. Does not come with the hardware to connect the h pipe. It said to use the factory hardware to mount the h pipe. Factory hardware is welded on. Both flared end of the muffler pipes where bent. They where pack in a way that it looks like they where damaged in shipping. Who new you needed more then on little piece of news paper for protection. You don’t get new gaskets they say to use high temp silicon. They give you U clamps with are about as good as rubber bands for holding pipes tight. Looks like a trip to the welder. So after getting new hardware for the H pipe and silicon and making a trip to the muffler shop to have the ends reflared I might be able to finish the install tomorrow. I hope this sounds good if not im going to be pissed. Oh and the tips kind of look like shit. I should have gotten magnaflow. Cheep POS.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Wow, didn't see that comming. Too bad Sean. I hope it sounds good. We still need to meet up and take a look at you headers again. See if I can straighten the wheel a little.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Let us know what you think of the sound.

·
should have had a v8
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its on sound ok i will need to take a video out side of the car. Let me know when youre free Kert i will be at work all weekend long. I might see you guys at the dyno saterday before i go to work. today was the first time i drove the car sinse saterday.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
So with LT's do you hear a slap sound along with the exhaust note?

I think it's my cam lope but mine makes a strange noise as the exhaust pulse goes though the muffler.

·
YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES
107 Posts
s9779 said:
Well I got my JBA cat back for my 05. I have to say its total crap. Does not come with the hardware to connect the h pipe. It said to use the factory hardware to mount the h pipe. Factory hardware is welded on. Both flared end of the muffler pipes where bent. They where pack in a way that it looks like they where damaged in shipping. Who new you needed more then on little piece of news paper for protection. You don’t get new gaskets they say to use high temp silicon. They give you U clamps with are about as good as rubber bands for holding pipes tight. Looks like a trip to the welder. So after getting new hardware for the H pipe and silicon and making a trip to the muffler shop to have the ends reflared I might be able to finish the install tomorrow. I hope this sounds good if not im going to be pissed. Oh and the tips kind of look like shit. I should have gotten magnaflow. Cheep POS.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
I had the exact same problem and fixed it the same way,sound good though!!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I am surprised they wrapped it in paper. When I got my midpipes the flared ends at least had really thick bubble wrap on them. The only problem I had is somebody at thier plant, shop whatever decided to jam 5 oily rubber gloves at least half way down one of the pipes.

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
I have the JBA exhaust (04 to 05 conversion), and I think it's damn good for the money. Almost all exhausts come with crappy clamps, most people weld them anyway, like i did. The fit and finish was excellent, including the passenger side hanger that came with it, and all of the welds looked good. True, the tips aren't as good as Borla or Magnaflow, but they can be easily changed. I did get it at a smokin' cheap price, though.

·
Got Jesus?
84 Posts
I had similar issues. I had to hit Lowe's for proper hardware to connect to the stock mid-pipe. Re-using the factory gasket was no problem, so there was no need for silicone. U-clamps are cheesy, however I plan to have some tweeks done to the system at my local muffler shop and will have the system welded at that time. One of my tips was dinged in transit, even with bubble wrap (maybe it was damaged before packing?). I found some really cool 4-1/2" stainless tips at Auto Zone that I think I will have put on in place of what came on the JBA setup.
All this aside, I absolutely love the sound and, whether it would show on a dyno or not, the car revs easier and feels like the cork has been popped out. Fitment is generally good, bends are smooth, and there are no interference issues that I have experienced. I recommend the kit, especially for the price, but know what your are getting into so you're not disapppointed. Kit was $499, new tips $50, $50 at the muffler shop, still not a bad deal compared to the other offerings on the market and I personally like a chambered muffler rather than a baffled muffler like Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow and others.
My $.02.

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
I had no issues at all with my JBA Catback. Infact I was very pleased. Everything fit well, and came with all the hardware I needed. It was sent and packaged well also at a great price. I think it sounds great too. All in all I couldn't be happier about anything from the JBA CB. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with yours though, hopefully the great sound of it cheers you up some.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you ever have a problem with a JBA part please call us ASAP.

Warranty / Exchange Department

1-800-830-3377 x 119

Alex is the contact.:gears:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Sean. The dyno day is Sunday. Call me if you are thinking of meeting up then. Kurt

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
so hows the drone and such with the headers and JBA CB? im thinking of selling my cutouts and just doing a catback instead:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
i had problem with the install of my catback but i did have a problem with the tip on mine it fell apart so i had to take it to muffler shop to get tacked back on which now is rusting. so looks like crap now i think i am gonna have the factory ones welded on .

·
should have had a v8
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hummina said:
so hows the drone and such with the headers and JBA CB? im thinking of selling my cutouts and just doing a catback instead:)
it depends on the gear but all said its not bad at all. with the windows up around 30 in 4th and 65 in 6th it is like stock. no real drone. i do like the sound alot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts