LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORRY FOR THE DELAY. Two weeks ago I was set to have a new set of JBA shorties installed on my 2004 GTO. Needless to say I just got them installed on Friday! But the wait was well worth it. You may remember I posted my stock dyno numbers:
307 RWHP
330 RWTQ

After adding the JBA smog legal shorties:
337 RWHP
364 RWTQ

I couldn't believe it. Remember, NO modifications have been made to my GTO at all. They even cooled the engine to 90 degrees on both pulls. The car is begging for more air now so I will be adding the K&N kit. But first JBA has a CAT BACK system that will go on next. as soon as I have some numbers I will post again!
 

·
Silver Back!
Joined
·
277 Posts
:banghead:
GRock said:
SORRY FOR THE DELAY. Two weeks ago I was set to have a new set of JBA shorties installed on my 2004 GTO. Needless to say I just got them installed on Friday! But the wait was well worth it. You may remember I posted my stock dyno numbers:
307 RWHP
330 RWTQ

After adding the JBA smog legal shorties:
337 RWHP
364 RWTQ

I couldn't believe it. Remember, NO modifications have been made to my GTO at all. They even cooled the engine to 90 degrees on both pulls. The car is begging for more air now so I will be adding the K&N kit. But first JBA has a CAT BACK system that will go on next. as soon as I have some numbers I will post again!


How do they sound? Is it alot better than stock? My Shorties have been ordered.....still waiting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JBA Dyno Chart

This is the Dyno Chart of the pull made with the Headers, they also gave me a graph with the before and after on it that I will scan and post if you want to see that.




Like the rest of you, before we did the above pull they wanted me to drive the car for 15-30 miles to allow the computer to relearn air fule. When I did I had Tech with me and I looked over and said, "I don’t want to sound too overzealous, but I think I feel the power" Usually my desire for the power can trick me into thinking that its there when it isn't. The chart proves I was right! These JBA headers add power you can feel!
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
FYI, generally shorties do add HP but at the expense of torque. L.T.'s deliver both. However you do have excellent gains on both sides.
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
Grock,
those are great numbers.
were these with a custom dyno tune?
the reason i ask is b/c im guessing that theses numbers are gonna be an exception rather then the norm. just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTOdriver7 said:
Grock,
those are great numbers.
were these with a custom dyno tune?
the reason i ask is b/c im guessing that theses numbers are gonna be an exception rather then the norm. just curious.

Nothing but JBA headers. No tune at all. I am going to add a JBA Cat Back exhaust system next. I will post theose results. Then add the K&N air box, the headers made the GTO starve for more air at peak RPM.

By the way we dynoed the car 3 times and got similar numbers. The 337hp was the best pull.
 

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
Can we stop spamming about JBA headers? That dyno sheet has been up on this site how many times? I'm sure anyone else to install these headers won't be as impressed. I put them on my '03 silverado with a 6.0 in it and they were useless.
 

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
GRock said:
Why is the part number for the JBA headers on the dyno sheet???? Just a little suspicious sorry :sneaky: like maybe you work for the company.
 

·
GTOWILL
Joined
·
236 Posts
GRock said:
When I did I had Tech with me and I looked over and said, "I don’t want to sound too overzealous, but I think I feel the power" Usually my desire for the power can trick me into thinking that its there when it isn't. The chart proves I was right! These JBA headers add power you can feel!
I don't know about this man. GRock, you sound like you work for JBA, or someone who's pushing JBA.

This just sounds too much like an infomercial to me. I guess we'll find out the truth once the other members who purchsed JBA's post some #'s.
 

·
May I quote you on that?
Joined
·
22,046 Posts
Wow. This is a tough room. :wall:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
As much as I would like to believe 30HP from SMOG legal headers I am a bit skeptical, especially since all of Grock's 16 posts have had something to do with JBA.
 

·
GTOWILL
Joined
·
236 Posts
mistermike said:
Wow. This is a tough room. :wall:
I'd rather be considered tough than fraudulent any day (just look at my avatar).
 

·
Deuce and a Half
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
I am considering getting a set of these and I Will have a dyno run with them and the rt cats. we know the catback doesn't really add any HP but you will see what I get. Hopefully in a couple weeks when you can get your hands on a set of JBAs.
 

·
Deuce and a Half
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
I betcha I will be hard pressed with out a tune with the RT cats, corsa exhaust, jba headers, and lpe intake to beat 30 hp. we will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
I make no assertions or accusations. In fact, I would like those numbers to be real. My only comment, based upon many years in and many dollars spent on hotrodding, is that 30 RWHP is a huge gain to be realized with just a set of shorty headers. Proven to be accurate, I'm a buyer.

I live in San Diego. I just might stop by JBA's shop to see what can be learned. As Matt Drudge would say, "Developing..."
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top