LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They look pretty nice. The heads/cam package just got here as well. Didn't have my digicam at work, but I came home to find these:

If I am a really lucky SOB, the car will have everything installed by Monday.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the headers and where from? I wish I could find out how much gain from the headers alone. Are you going with the stock catback or what exhaust did you pick?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the headers were listed for 799.99, Tbyrne had them for 719.99 and they took an additional 10% off which brought it to 647.10+whatever the shipping was.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
So what do you think of the quality on these headers? These bolt right up to the factory downpipes correct? :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, bolt right up. I'll let you know how i feel about them more when they are on the car and how they feel.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
I installed a set two weeks ago and they are the best made headers I've ever owned and I've had several brands. The welds are welded inside and out. The coatings are inside and out. They went right in without as much work as the instructions said and the bolted up perfect. The thick 3/8" flange makes them rock solid. I don't know how much power they added because I have some other mods but I'm sure they contributed.

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
04 LS1-MAN said:
I installed a set two weeks ago and they are the best made headers I've ever owned and I've had several brands. The welds are welded inside and out. The coatings are inside and out. They went right in without as much work as the instructions said and the bolted up perfect. The thick 3/8" flange makes them rock solid. I don't know how much power they added because I have some other mods but I'm sure they contributed.

How much better do they sound over stock exhaust?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
MILLPOND said:
How much better do they sound over stock exhaust?
Yeah we need some dyno #'s and a sound clip from someone who has installed these

1 - 10 of 10 Posts