LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a nice cruise tonight and it was nice out. Rolling down one street, a little dark out so its getting harder to see some opponents :drink: , low and behold comes a SRT8 Cherokee turning right onto the street I was on. The SRT8 was behind me most of the while until we both made a left in which the SRT8 was in the other lane 2 cars back with me in front in the left lane. After that I assumed the SRT8 wasnt going to bite, I make the left and opened her up......SRT8 starts to trail me. We catch a light with no traffic anywhere around us, I look over to see the driver but never got a good look. Light turns, I let the goat roll abit and then I hear the SRT8 get on it so I quickly follow. Both of us are going and I am waiting for the SRT8 to pull me but it never did. We stayed dead even to about 90-100. The SRT8 now is behind me again. Here comes another yellow light =). Sure enough the SRT8 changes lanes again to line up. Light turns and again I roll but the SRT8 got a little jump on me, but again we were even until 2-3rd gear, then the SRT8 pulled me by about 1/4 of a car. I am sure the driver wasnt the best because it should have done better. But man it felt great to run my first of the SRT8 series, and those suckers are quick. Cant wait for my dad to buy his. I am still waiting on a 300 & Charger run. Now the purple jelly bean is resting until later tonight :gears:

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
wow thats cool tha tur 04' kept up with him .. that means fer sure the 05/06 will take em. !

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^Not yet =)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

I met a nice lady in her later 50's who had a Charger SRT-8.
I admired her car and gave a few praises, and she nodded, and mentioned a Vette or a nice F-Body in her past.

I mentioned my GTO, and pointed to the stock, spoilerless CGM 06 on the street, and casually mentioned a little fun.
She said "naw, I've already killed a few of those".

I said "ok, but these things are pretty even, stock for stock" and let her go.
I drove a new SRT-8 Charger, and I can't tell, but they seem really fast and equal, but that Auto woulda prolly eaten my M6 up a bit...in all honesty...if I get the Andretti shifting, and miss, $ is spent.

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
This eve I had my first encounter with a Jeep SRT-8, sort of. Nice exhaust note, impressive truck. It can't kill GTOs 'cause it's husky, but nonetheless, it would make an excellent replacement for my aging Explorer. 14MPG ouch !

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,502 Posts
Nice.
I have yet to run into an SRT-8 on the road.
Saw a Magnum SRT-8 in the parking lot at the Waffle House I ate at, but other than that, I've only seen any SRT-8 model on dealer lots.

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
+1 FOR THE Purple Jelly Bean. LOL, Great Kill man, too bad I wasn't able to join you while cruising, was getting my Arse handed to me by the GMM installation.

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thnx Mel, how did everything go?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts