LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2005 M6 MBM GTO
96 Posts
Absolutely. At least I got him banned from another GTO forum.
This scam here was an even more believable one than that one. To begin with all the scammers were just using the photos with jhp still on the top, then they stole from your site, and now these photos I don’t think were online that this last guy used.

·
Registered
2006 GTO M6 Flowmaster Axle back and K&N CAI
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This scam here was an even more believable one than that one. To begin with all the scammers were just using the photos with jhp still on the top, then they stole from your site, and now these photos I don’t think were online that this last guy used.
I think he has some, but says he'll sell em then not actually ship em out.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,608 Posts
Yeah agreed. Good thing we’ve got some good folks like y’all on this board.

·
Registered
54 Posts

I’ve been getting PMs from people giving me email contacts for the SAP spoiler I posted I WTB. I reached out to 1 and asked for pics. He sent the top one. When I told him I wanted 1 with his name/screen name/company name and the date, his initial reply was I’m not near it now. Then, he sends me a “receipt” from someone else’s purchase trying to show he was legit. Next day he sends me the bottom photo. Clearly the name info was photoshopped into it…certainly not a piece of paper with the part…and the photos are otherwise identical. Told him I’d pass.

But I do have to give a kudos toTS3189 (Todd). He reached out to me in similar fashion (PM) about a gauge pod he had for sale. I was hesitant cuz he only had like 8 posts. But he sent current photos and I saw where he bought it off another forum member a while ago. He shipped it out right away and I got it in a couple days. I didn’t hear back from him after I messaged him it arrived and thanked him so hopefully he’ll see this here.

·
Registered
2006 GTO M6 Flowmaster Axle back and K&N CAI
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
View attachment 509492 View attachment 509493
I’ve been getting PMs from people giving me email contacts for the SAP spoiler I posted I WTB. I reached out to 1 and asked for pics. He sent the top one. When I told him I wanted 1 with his name/screen name/company name and the date, his initial reply was I’m not near it now. Then, he sends me a “receipt” from someone else’s purchase trying to show he was legit. Next day he sends me the bottom photo. Clearly the name info was photoshopped into it…certainly not a piece of paper with the part…and the photos are otherwise identical. Told him I’d pass.

But I do have to give a kudos toTS3189 (Todd). He reached out to me in similar fashion (PM) about a gauge pod he had for sale. I was hesitant cuz he only had like 8 posts. But he sent current photos and I saw where he bought it off another forum member a while ago. He shipped it out right away and I got it in a couple days. I didn’t hear back from him after I messaged him it arrived and thanked him so hopefully he’ll see this here.
Quite clearly. I'm feeling kind of dumb falling for it. But hey, we all fick up sometimes.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts