LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and gals starting this week and going through the July 4th weekend at Sewell we are having a huge Pontiac sale. Everything in stock and incoming will be sold at supplier price!!! How does that effect you GTO buyers well a 6 speed car MSRP is $33,190, invoice is $31,395.23 AND SUPPLIER PRICE IS $31,188.79!!! THAT IS OVER A $2000 SAVINGS FROM MSRP AND OVER $200 BACK OF INVOICE PRICE!!! On a automatic car the MSRP is $33,495, invoice is $31,812.78 AND SUPPLIER PRICE IS $31,609.19!!! THAT IS OVER A $1800 SAVINGS FROM MSRP AND OVER $200 BACK OF INVOICE PRICE!!! This deal is too good to pass up also if you want one of my incoming 2004s that are not spoken for I will take a $500 deposit before the end of the July 4th weekend to lock in the Supplier price!! You will not find a better deal on these GTOs and I either have one incoming or on the ground that you are looking for. Let me know. I think the only combo that I don't have is Impulse Blue/Blue. But don't let that stop you I have yet to see a bad color on the new GTO.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
That's not fair! :D I thought I got a good deal @ $1000 below MSRP 2 months ago.

No more excuses folks, time to jump on this band wagon. :)

If I had just been a little more pataint.....

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Lawrence Marshall off of Kirby Lane in Houston has five GTO's for $5000 of MSRP. At least that is what I saw in the paper today.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goatwrx said:
Lawrence Marshall off of Kirby Lane in Houston has five GTO's for $5000 of MSRP. At least that is what I saw in the paper today.

Huh? $5000 off MSRP. Are you sure it didn't say discount of $5000 off of their market adjustment.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
this is exactly what the ad says:

2004 GTO $5000 off MSRP MSRP $33,495 - $5000 Marshall Discount = $28,495 sale price.

·
Registered
97 Posts
goatwrx said:
this is exactly what the ad says:

2004 GTO $5000 off MSRP MSRP $33,495 - $5000 Marshall Discount = $28,495 sale price.
I just spoke with the guy, the one on sale is a blue/black for the price noted above. It's the only one on sale, $28,495.00. Nothing wrong with it according to him. It's a shame it's not black/red. :(

-Chris

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
04bluegto said:
It must be a demo with alot of miles.

He said there were 5 on the lot for the same price. I doubt if they are all demos. We are beginning to see market adjustment. But now in favor of, not against, the buyers....

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i went to another dealer in Houston and he told me to come back later because apparently the Marshall discount is scaring some dealers(interesting that it is only one blue one though, this ad is a bit misleading) anyway he told me to come back on July 1st because the prices are going to be droping then.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
MSRP $33,190
INVOICE $30,729

6spd cars with destination included. From Edmunds.com

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow that is a heck of a deal mrgto. You forget that dealers all over the country have to pay advertising on each and every car the consumer has to pay for it. It is built into each and every one of our cars invoice price. So edmunds if you look has a place where you can click and it talks about dealer advertising.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
Then they should actually try to ADVERTISE the car. A dealer pulled the same horseshit on me once. They said I hd to pay hte ad fee. I told them to show me the ad in a publication where they actually advertised the car. They couldn't. I told them to shove the deal.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have never had a customer ask me about it. It is directly billed from GM on the invoice on each and ever car that a dealer like Sewell gets in Dallas. It is not a dealer add.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
misleading ads

mrgto said:
MSRP $33,190
INVOICE $30,729

6spd cars with destination included. From Edmunds.com
I had the same misleading ad from a Phoenix dealer. Midway Auto Dealers sent me an email advertising 3K off the GTo back in April. I still have the email. I called them to buy the GTO and they were rude, condescending, insulting, and downright nasty. Told me it was a typo and it was actually 3K ABOVE MSRP. The "manager" dared me to buy as many goats as I could for 3K off MSRP and they would all buy them from me. I still look at the email from time to time just to get a good laugh. One dealer is still advertising 3K above MSRP but you get the added bonus of "nitrogen filled tires just like the race car drivers do". What a bunch of crooks.

So I called Ron at St Pauley's MotorSports and bought my GTO from him. I will never deal with Phoenix Pontiac dealers again.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
desertgoat said:
One dealer is still advertising 3K above MSRP but you get the added bonus of "nitrogen filled tires just like the race car drivers do". What a bunch of crooks.
I use a high-tech mix in my tires that contains 78% nitrogen.:

78.09 % Nitrogen
20.95 % Oxygen
0 .93 % Argon
0 .033 % Carbondioxyde
0.0016 % Neon
0.00052 % Helium
0.00011 % Krypton
0.0001 % Hydrogen
0.000008 % Xenon (plus water vapours)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
sxty8goats said:

78.09 % Nitrogen
20.95 % Oxygen
0 .93 % Argon
0 .033 % Carbondioxyde
0.0016 % Neon
0.00052 % Helium
0.00011 % Krypton
0.0001 % Hydrogen
I use the same stuff in my lungs......
:drink: :drink:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
sxty8goats said:

78.09 % Nitrogen
20.95 % Oxygen
0 .93 % Argon
0 .033 % Carbondioxyde
0.0016 % Neon
0.00052 % Helium
0.00011 % Krypton
0.0001 % Hydrogen
wow that is a pretty sweet setup. that must add like 50hp.....not :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure, but dont know how much power a manufacturer has over dealers. Sad, but true. Much of it governed by franchise agreements and states laws. hmmm, so if you find ads that are blatently mis-leading or dishonest .... would that fall more under the State Attorney General's jurisdiction?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts