LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem. Only in 1st, from a dead stop,and not very often. I've had the clutch assembly tightened already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
JayStew said:
Does anyone else have this problem. Only in 1st, from a dead stop,and not very often. I've had the clutch assembly tightened already.
YEAH, I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED WHEN GOING INTO FIRST A COUPLE OF TIMES. THE CAR I OWN WAS BUILT IN APRIL. FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER FROM INFO PEOPLE HAVE POSTED,ALL UPDATES TO THE DRIVETRAIN WERE DONE AT THE FACTORY. TO ME, THESE CARS THAT HAVE A STICK SHIFT IN THEM TAKE A LITTLE EFFORT TO GET INTO FIRST AND ALSO REVERSE SOMETIMES. (ONLY 1100 ON THE CAR)

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
??? I'd try making several slow positive shifts making sure you are all the way up in the gear. If it persists, back to the Dealer. Without going to the Helms, am going to 'assume' there are shift stops under there that could be improperly adjusted, if not under the sifter, inside the tranny. JMHO...likely no biggie, judging only from what you gave us... :)

·
J.A.F. User
61 Posts
JayStew said:
I had it happen with mine. Once. It was due to "Pilot Error" in that I was slacking, and just didn't get it all the way into gear. As OG said, shift back into first, then check it again. Otherwise, you may just have engaged the first notch of the synchros, which will make it pop out when you apply torque. The GTO just seems to be one of those cars you have to actually "drive" as opposed to going for a ride. Since I learned the error of my ways, (slacking and not paying attention) I have not had the problem. :)

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,535 Posts
This happened a couple of times after I just got it. I'm certain I just didn't have it all the way in (no jokes please).

I learned my lesson and it hasn't happened since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts