LS1GTO Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
20,415 Posts
Just urging people to use caution when making assumptions that companies like magnusson know WTF their doing. I tuned numerous out of the box magnusson tunes just to get them to pass smog tail pipe checks as an example. They put the minimum amount of work in their tunes to make the car "run OK" and that was about it.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Thanks for the file, should prove helpful. You seem to be making pretty good power for 8.5psi, do you have any engine mods, I'm assuming ls3 heads?
I made 540whp originally on E85 with 8psi.
I'm about to start tuning it for SD now, I got Lakegoat helping me on another forum right now, hptunersforum.
From the looks of it, most e40 owners don't have the issue with the flex table. Maybe it's only certain OS? My flex fuel sensor works, cause I've used both e85 and 93 and my afr is good.
Hoping when I apply the 2 bar code and re-write the entire system it fixes the bug. Lakegoat said it may also be because my default flex fuel percentage was set at 70%.
I redid my spark tables, I found a tune from magnuson that someone had uploaded for these cars, so I copied their main spark table into mine and put the differences between my spark and theirs's into my flex table excluding the negatives of course which I just subtracted from the main table instead since you can't put negative values in the flex table. This way, with e85 my spark stays the same as before.
View attachment 504699
Other than the cam, pushrods and springs, the engine/heads are bone stock. My tuner said my next upgrade should be heads, as the stock 243's are probably close to their limits on flow.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks for the tip Steel Chicken.
We had a cold front today(60F), so I cranked up the car and recorded it. I still haven't uploaded any edits or anything to the tune yet. Car almost started up but then started to die, so I turned it off and cranked again. Ignore the odd whine(not the procharger) I turned on the 2nd fuel pump to make sure the system was primed but forgot to turn it off after starting the car, The fuel feed has too much resistance to flow 800lph, so the pumps whine.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts