LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
39,143 Posts
I think jontall just posted the PN for the o rings in another thread, actually.

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yeah, the link and part number he provided takes you to AC system o-rings.

Anyway, finally:
EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE
Friday, February 7, 2020 End of Day

Now, if UPS just doesn't drive a truck over the box I'll be in business. I hate UPS. I paid extra for insurance at least.

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I called a local GM dealer and apparently the o-rings Jontall referenced are used in any number of locations on these cars. Anyway, I've 4 of them on the way. A whopping $.73 each.

·
Administrator
8,098 Posts
You don’t need new o-rings unless you are a bull in a china shop when working on a car.

I’ve yet to do a set of GTO headers where I’ve needed to replace them, and I’ve installed 2 different sets on my 04.

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well, at $.73 each it seems a no brainer to just replace them. Would be a really kick in the nads if they leaked after it was all said and done since I could have easily replaced them while I was in there.

·
Administrator
8,098 Posts
Yep, just letting you know it’s not necessary at all. You’d really have to intentionally try to damage them for them to need replaced.

·
Eva, my new love
2,015 Posts
I had JBA shorties, and JBA high flow cats. Decided to change things up and went with Kooks 1 7/8 headers along with their green high flow cats and three inch exhaust the rest of the way. What a huge increase in power over the shorties.

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Looks like I probably have the shorties and cats sold. I should have more than enough "fun funds" available if I get serious about the 1.8 rocker idea. I know, I know, big expense for only an incremental increase but I think I'm now hooked on trying to maximize the output while remaining a bolt-ons only long block.

·
Administrator
8,098 Posts
You should be able to squeeze out 400rwhp once you do all of that.

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Me too.

Headers are in Kearney, less than 100 miles away. I wonder if UPS can screw it up at this point? Probably, since I just sold my shorties.

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Parts in Lincoln, on the truck for delivery.

Am I getting annoying yet with my expressions of excitement? ;) I mean, probably more than half the posts in this thread are mine.

·
Administrator
8,098 Posts
Pics upon arrival...

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
FINALLY! He also sent some header gaskets. Wish I'd known, I wouldn't have bought a set. Glad to also get the O2 sensor extensions. Coating can use some polishing at the top and there is one chunk missing where one of the tubes passes near the steering gear which I'll touch up with high heat paint. Exit on the cats is definitely 3 inches, hope they mate up okay to my 2.5" cat back.

·
GR-RRR!
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
i'm jealous.
Don't be jealous, be happy for me. ;)

After trying and finally succeeding to package up the shorties and cats to ship them off, installing these should be a snap. It was a massive hassle to find a box big enough and when I did it was just BARELY big enough so doing the puzzle piecing to get everything in the box so it could be closed up was quite a chore.

·
Administrator
8,098 Posts
Those kooks gaskets are complete garbage. Make sure you use OEM ones.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts