LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the PCM came back from FAST chips today. FATCYAT(my general manager) calls me up and tells me to drop by. I guess if I said the car sounded absolutely sick it would be an understatement. To be honest with you I expected something a little more subdued. The motor moves around like it's got a big cam now and although it doesn't lope alot it certainly doesn't sound stock at all.

I'm bringing the video camera to work tomorrow so that I can post a short vid for you guys tomorrow. The tech's were just adjusting the idle and a couple other things. Todd(FATCYAT) and I went for a short drive around the block............. :eek2: He was just kind of dragging 1st gear out a little and made a quick shift into second leaving about 10-15 feet of black stripes behind us. We were giggling like a bunch of school girls. His car has stock everything. The only changes were the SLP cam/heads package and a mailorder tune from FAST chips.

I'm stock piling parts right now, I'll be ordering the Heads/cam kit tomorrow. Look for a video tomorrow as well. I thought the car would have been done on friday so I could have taken it to the dyno today, but I'll have dyno #'s next week I guess. My guess is somewhere in the upper 300 range 375-395whp. I could be very off but only time will tell. With a full exhaust and intake I think that # will be in the low 400 range. (420-430)

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Thegreatone on this board has heads and cam also with some other bolt ons, and he dyno'd 380 to the ground without tuning were going to the track on wensday and he also has the borla exhaust with it, the car is insane just needs tuning.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest with you, I don't know. I will however find out tomorrow. IIRC they are not the specs listed on SLP's website. The have since updated the package.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2loco- 380 to the ground is alot of power. When you say without tuning, is he still using the stock tune?

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
he hasnt had it tuned yet its still stock, and misfiring like all hell i beat him from a roll and from a stop, its just not running right, but yes 380 to the wheels.

·
Try Me
85 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In your opinion is that a decent setup? There are a # of reasons I'm looking at this kit, most of which I can't disclose. I'm sure there are better/cheaper/more expensive setups but I just want 450 to the wheels. I want a daily driver that runs mid teen mph trap speeds.

·
Try Me
85 Posts
gtodoug said:
In your opinion is that a decent setup? There are a # of reasons I'm looking at this kit, most of which I can't disclose. I'm sure there are better/cheaper/more expensive setups but I just want 450 to the wheels. I want a daily driver that runs mid teen mph trap speeds.
I'd need to see the Flow numbers of the heads to Tell. 450 Out of that Setup.. Doubtful.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
NBS4, Sounds like you know cams and heads, Looking at two cams installed on this site they are alot different from each other. Are they both for daily drivers and besides adding power which one will hurt the MPG the most? Which would be reccomended?
one is 221/224 568/569 LSA112
the other 232/228 576/571 LSA113

·
Try Me
85 Posts
04 LS1-MAN said:
NBS4, Sounds like you know cams and heads, Looking at two cams installed on this site they are alot different from each other. Are they both for daily drivers and besides adding power which one will hurt the MPG the most? Which would be reccomended?
one is 221/224 568/569 LSA112
the other 232/228 576/571 LSA113
They're both going to hurt MPG. Both of those cams will make peak power over 6000rpm.. The 232 will be making it past 6500rpm. With those LSA's.. They're both going to be very lopey.

For a Daily Driver... I'd go with the 221 over the 232.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts