LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

Well here are the results. It made more power than I had hoped for. It is running a tiny bit lean at lower rpms but it does richen up towards the top. It doesn't look like its pulling timing or has any knock so for now its good enough. Probably getting a tune in the next couple of weeks.

Brad

These were made back to back with about 5 minutes inbetween.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is:
RT high flow cats
Corsa Catback
LPE intake
and stock T-stat(its too cold out now for the lpe one)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
great numbers......especially the torque

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is a really good driver and feels strong through all the gears now. The mods I have are definately the more expensive ones but they are also some of the highest quality. The design on most of them sold me. Simple, clean and effective :)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Looks like the cats are giving you about 10-15 over the intake alone. Very nice. It's not super lean, only at very low RPM. You're probably getting terrific mileage.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am getting good mileage. There doesn't look to be any lumps or bumps in the curves so it seems like everything is going well. Plus look at how close the too runs are. The last mod to go on was the intake and its been on for over a month. So this isn't something like 1 run wonder car. I hate it when people throw a mod on without letting it all settle in and show the the true numbers you'll get after a few hundred miles.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am worried that if I do shorties I will loose my great tq #. I dont want to goto longtubes yet. Basiclly its going to lend itself towards a SC the way the mods are right now. I dont know. Any suggestions for mods for power from my current point guys?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Damn that's strong. Those assembly line workers at St. Catharines must've been in a good mood that day. :D

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah, I drive her pretty hard but keep her from smashing redline too much :)

I totally believe in driving it hard from day one but being slightly gentle on it for the first 500. After that let it rip and drive it like you stole it. Didn't seem to affect me negatively would you say? Thats how I break in my model engines and they are a total different creature, but they always wind up laster longer and running harder than others. I don't abuse it with burn outs or peeling out from lights. I just will get on it and smile as often as I can without overreving and making sure its warm.

Anyways, if what do you suggest for a next mod. I am looking for something that wont hurt my tq #. I am almost going to bet id trade some tq for hp with shorties from dyno runs that I have seen. Not looking to loose in either catagory really. I might get a little gain of tq but it'd probably require a tune. At that point im spending a grand which doesnt seem worht it for maybe 10-15 hp and the same for tq.

Does anyone here have a dyno run with a cai, hf cats, catback, and shorties?

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is driveline loss again? Is it more or less for auto vs manual? I was thinking the driveline loss was like 18 to 21%???? Please clairify.....thanks...C GTO

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use 18% for manual. Auto will have more. Ask someone like Padre what his baseline run was.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Someone posted a gain of 19+ for the K/N Aircharger alone (all CAI's are basically the same)...328x18%=59+the original 328= a crank HP of 387. For TQ I get 344x18%= 62+344= 405. It looks like a good "mod-combo"...I think I would do only cai, cats and catback on my car and then walk away...I don't want to blank around with any computer chips, cams, rockers, headers etc...very well done here...C GTO

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I did a bone stock baseline dyno(dynojet) run last week with 2500 mi on the odo. It was cool day around 60 deg F.

Numbers:

302whp/324wtq.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
COOL GTO said:
Someone posted a gain of 19+ for the K/N Aircharger alone (all CAI's are basically the same)...328x18%=59+the original 328= a crank HP of 387. For TQ I get 344x18%= 62+344= 405. It looks like a good "mod-combo"...I think I would do only cai, cats and catback on my car and then walk away...I don't want to blank around with any computer chips, cams, rockers, headers etc...very well done here...C GTO

You have to divide by 0.82 to get an approx. #

329.93/.82 = 402.35

343.99/.82 = 419.5

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
I dont want to sound negative but I'm very skeptical of those numbers. I think they need to get their dyno calibrated. I've seen alot of stock runs and runs with different mods on a dyno thats calibrated once a quarter and none of the stock or with a few mod's, GTO's, Vettes or F-bodies had 330RWHP. You only have an high flow exhaust system and wires, the intake doesn't add much, the throttle body can pull in much more then the motor as setup can take, so that couldnt make that big of a difference. You didn't even have a computer tune did you? Their printout is showing all that power was around 5500rpm's. If you believe it cool just don't try to take down any z-28's, with 320hp at their crank. I have a 02 Z with nothing but a SLP exhaust and a lid and it took a few mods before the goat would take it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts