Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It did pretty good!

Done at MTI in Houston

This is an auto tranny car bonestock, down to the paper plates

282.9 Horsepower
293.9 Torque

I will have it dynoed again for the CAI for this weekend. I will post scanned pics of the dyno sheets later, when I am not at work.

·
3,327 Posts
jrwood said:
I will have it dynoed again for the CAI for this weekend.
What CAI will you be using? The reason I ask, is there seems to be some confusion over HFI and CAI. At least I am still confused about it. :p

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
jrwood said:
Ls1tech.com CAI its like 199.00 at MTI
$199, geez. apparently MTI doesn't have a low price guarantee. everyone else is selling it for $179.

is there anyway you install the CAI and then drive the car for awhile, then dyno.
i think we can all agree that the CAI will dyno higher numbers. but it seems like the PCM will adjust to the aftermarket CAI and takes away some of the gains. or so it would seem from the discussions on the forum.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
jrwood said:
I will dyno it with it on at the shop and the drive for about a week or a little less then that, then I will dyno it again. Cool?
that would be great

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I have read on this website that the A4 dyno's around 312 to 314 rwtq.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
TprGTO said:
I have read on this website that the A4 dyno's around 312 to 314 rwtq.
Mine were almost identical to his: 285rwhp/304ft-lbs. Lots of factors on the dyno, so close enough.

Let us know the progress, Jrwood. Working with MTI, I'm sure you'll put together a fine machine.

Padre

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here are the dyno sheets for everyone to see and so we will have records of this. I cancelled the cold air from MTI, because I decided to go with a different one. I have contacted HPE inc, (Horsepower engineering) and they are going to use my car to develop a new one. They are great over there and they have really good deals also. Results will come soon.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Very stout #'s for an A4. Congrats, I wish we could have seen the improvement #'s over stock with the cold air fom this weekend.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
With 20% loss through the drivetrain for A4's your right at where you should be.
GTOYACO dynoed his M6 and got like 297hp and 319tq which puts him right on
with 15% drivetrain loss for hp, and even less loss for the torque number.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
M6's will pretty much always dyno slightly higher than A4's. Mine was right your GTOYACO's was too!

·
Magic Blue Bottle
91 Posts
I ordered my CAI yesterday and hope to get some new dyno results in a couple weeks. How long before the computer adjusts fully? I should get it tomorrow (2nd day air) and want to get to the track Saturday. If I get it on sometime Thursday, do you think that will be enough time?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
It varies upon your driving style. If you dirve like a little ol grey haired lady, it'll take forever to learn. If you drive it with the tires a blaze out your driveway, it'll learn quicker.

Best bet is to take a look at the driving cycle at www.obdII.com after doing an idle re-learn to get an idea of how long it will take for it to adjust.

·
Magic Blue Bottle
91 Posts
Thanks for the info...I would have responded sooner but I was at the end of Southgate Blvd. making passes during my lunch break...good to know the computer will be taking the cram course

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Making "passes" will always accelerate it's learning curve, no pun intended.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts