LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gto is at the vette doctors to have heads put on. I originally droped it off to have a tune because i put a cam and long tubes on myself so as I was talking to carmen he told me to put heads on it why it was there so i said why not. so any way he dynoed the car with just the cam and headers on with the stock tuning the results were 345 to the wheels un tunned not bad ill let you guys know the results when the heads are on

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
his is an M6 (earlier thread)
so that is approximately a 50hp from stock. assuming about 295rwhp. the tune and heads should be INCREDIBLE.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The cam is the brains of any motor. That's why when you change them, they net such decent results.

·
Registered
267 Posts
bmooresbm said:
What Cam did you put in?
comp cam and springs 221/224 dur 568/569 lift 112 lsa with titanium retainers and a slp timing chain to adv the cam 4 degrees. total cost $1900 <<from his earlier post>>

I am wondering what Summit part / compcam part number that was. I have a friend who put a cam in my GrandPrix for me and that car runs 12s now.

Would love to do headers and a cam only to start on the GTO. But I do not know what to buy.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
I talked to the guys at Lingenfelter since they have a 450 HP GTO and they said get their LS1-GT2-3 Cam, I don't know if its a Comp Cam or not. You can get the duration and lift of this cam at their website

1 - 9 of 9 Posts