LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonite I got all my passes in early and ended up running a best of 12.38 at 108.9 mph. My R/T and 60' time were .599 and 1.74, respectively.

God, I love AWD. This thing is a piece of cake to launch compared to my old car. No spinnage at all, dump the clutch and it hooks and you're gone.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Great times! I don't want to mess with you.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first run of the night blew...big time. I was lined up against a C5 with a blower :wall:

I was so excited about it that I ended up missing a shift. :slap: and ended up with a 13.6 :sneaky: The C5 was deep into the 11's. :bubbrub

Second run lined me up against a riced-out Civic and I ran a [email protected] if I remember correctly, the Civic ran a 17.1, I was already starting to pull around by the time he crossed the line :D

Third and final run was the best. I was lined up against a 2003 Cobra with a 2.8 pully, diablochip, magnaflows, etc...and that run netted me the [email protected] to his [email protected] I tore him outta the hole but he was pulling on me the entire way. I was watching him literally creep up beside me in my passenger side rearview mirror.

I was pretty pleased though, I'd really like to get my trap speed up though, my boost didn't seem to be coming on as strong, I'm gonna have to check a few things out tomorrow when it's light.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Nice reaction time, too. I've read a .500 is "perfect", so you're real close to that. I'm looking forward to going back to the track. What a blast.

BTW, thanks for spanking a Cobra for us. ;)

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, turning a 0.5 light is perfect and the 0.599 is the closest I have EVER been. I had the other two runs in at that point and was used to how the lights fell.

Like anything else, running at the track takes some getting used to. I'm really hoping to be mid-11s after the turbo upgrade.

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
FLORIT said:
Nice reaction time, too. I've read a .500 is "perfect", so you're real close to that. I'm looking forward to going back to the track. What a blast.

BTW, thanks for spanking a Cobra for us. ;)
.500 is a perfect time on a Full Tree. .400 is a perfect time on a Pro Tree.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
STi said:
and that run netted me the [email protected] to his [email protected] I tore him outta the hole but he was pulling on me the entire way. I was watching him literally creep up beside me in my passenger side rearview mirror.
I love that feeling. Talk about an adrenalin rush. :drink: With my WRX, this would happen a lot, since I would own the LS1s in the 1/8th, but they would always trap higher and sometimes beat me in the 1/4.

Now it's different. With my stock A4 GTO, I raced a heavily modded WRX in the 1/8 last week and I managed to holeshot him, but it was exciting to see him pull, especially at each shift. I also holeshot a modded Cobra - beat him by .01 I believe. :)

As I've said, never underestimate the value of a good reaction time. :)

Padre

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Indominitable Goats

PadreGTO said:
I love that feeling. Talk about an adrenalin rush. :drink: With my WRX, this would happen a lot, since I would own the LS1s in the 1/8th, but they would always trap higher and sometimes beat me in the 1/4.

Now it's different. With my stock A4 GTO, I raced a heavily modded WRX in the 1/8 last week and I managed to holeshot him, but it was exciting to see him pull, especially at each shift. I also holeshot a modded Cobra - beat him by .01 I believe. :)

As I've said, never underestimate the value of a good reaction time. :)

Padre
Ooorah! :D

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
That's why I love the Drags!

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
excellent times. you were flyin' low!

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PadreGTO said:

Padre
Haha, yea, the AWD definitely helps get people out of the hole, but if they're more powerful it's just a matter of time until they catch me.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

OFF-TOPIC: svede, what did you mean by "flyin' low?" :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If that 03 Cobra ran a 12.4 with a 2.80 pulley and full exhaust then he can't drive. Where did you run your sti, Rockingham? My buddy and I'll be down there soon.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TempsFan4ever said:
If that 03 Cobra ran a 12.4 with a 2.80 pulley and full exhaust then he can't drive. Where did you run your sti, Rockingham? My buddy and I'll be down there soon.
Yea it was at Rockingham. I was also very surprised with his mods that he didn't beat me, but he was running on street tires :slap: ...not too smart when you're putting down that much power. I had some friends watching and they said he spun all the way through second.

But, eh, one of the best mods to a car is a good driver ;)

If you ever see my car down at Rockingham, be sure to come over and say hi!

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
TempsFan4ever said:
If that 03 Cobra ran a 12.4 with a 2.80 pulley and full exhaust then he can't drive.
Werd. They pull 118mph stock. Have a buddy that ran 11's stock, 11.6's with drag radials (leaving easy).

Nice times on the STi though. I wish I had some traction, then I could see what my turd would do.

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Vishnu Finally finished the Programming for the STI? About damn time.. Would have went with an STI but was hearing about all the problems people were having after adding a CAI i said fuck it.

BTW - 110 trap speed with a 2.8 Pulley? :slap: Most guys are pulling close to 120 with that mod

1 - 18 of 18 Posts