LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Well after performing my first mod to the car I feel a lot better about altering things on it. First impressions, after letting the car warm up I noticed I don't have a noticable shake at idle anymore. It definately idles smoother. It seems to have a little more umph way up top 5k+. I would suggest this type of mod to everyone, just like everyone else here has been saying. I don't think it really matters what wires you use as much as the plugs you choose. What do you think should be next? I am waiting for a couple more refined intake systems to choose from. After that I will be either looking to do wheels and tires or headers, high flow cats, and exhaust.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey,

Well after performing my first mod to the car I feel a lot better about altering things on it. First impressions, after letting the car warm up I noticed I don't have a noticable shake at idle anymore. It definately idles smoother. It seems to have a little more umph way up top 5k+. I would suggest this type of mod to everyone, just like everyone else here has been saying. I don't think it really matters what wires you use as much as the plugs you choose. What do you think should be next? I am waiting for a couple more refined intake systems to choose from. After that I will be either looking to do wheels and tires or headers, high flow cats, and exhaust.
I like the noticable shake at idle.. makes it feel lopy:)

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe, well it wasn't consitant enough to feel like you had a aggressive cam or anything, it was more annoying actually than having the consistant lopyness.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I think he's referring to the more "roughness" in the idle that was eliminated.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
What gap did you use?

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
AmesGTO has the MSD wires, I have the Taylor wires. We installed them yesterday and he thinks the Taylor wires provide a little bit better smoothness. The cam shake is still there, but I like it. Gives the car a little character.

I'm using the TR55's and he's using the Denso Iridium plugs. We did have a prob installing them, as I over tightened the plugs and cracked 3 of em (I know) and I made a new thread about it if anybody has similar probs.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
edge929 said:
AmesGTO has the MSD wires, I have the Taylor wires. We installed them yesterday and he thinks the Taylor wires provide a little bit better smoothness. The cam shake is still there, but I like it. Gives the car a little character.

I'm using the TR55's and he's using the Denso Iridium plugs. We did have a prob installing them, as I over tightened the plugs and cracked 3 of em (I know) and I made a new thread about it if anybody has similar probs.
Has he removed those yet? He was asking me about them and their small gap and that he was having issues. I told him to change to NGK (or other suitable replacement) that was correctly gapped and his power/mileage would come back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts