LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with the results. The car now runs hot like it used to cold. I am running the stock predator tune. Unfortunatly I now experience wheel hop.

What is the safest rpm limit for an 06?

·
Registered
521 Posts
rev limiter

The factory limiter is set to 6600 and with stock valve springs this is probably enough. I have seen a few people raising it a couple hundred rpms.

·
Registered
414 Posts
have you run your car prior to the Predator? do you have stock exaust?

I'm battleing what I wanna do: Predator, or HP tuner...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Brazen6.0 said:
have you run your car prior to the Predator? do you have stock exaust?

I'm battleing what I wanna do: Predator, or HP tuner...

I was originally going to post this in a new thread, but I'll hijack this one since it is here. I was in your boat before ordering a Predator. I was leaning towards HP Tuners since it is more versatile, but I have done nothing to the car so I figured the Predator would suffice through the first stage of mods. I know that I can sell the Predator when the car has outgrown it without taking a massive loss, and I can get HP Tuners when I actually need it.

I installed the Predator tune when I got home from work yesterday. My commute is about 40 miles and I live in southwest Georgia, so my car was obviously heatsoaked. It only cooled down long enough for me to unpack the Predator and install the tune, then I took it out for a drive. Previously I did not get much wheel hop, nor would the car spin much off the line. I got tons of both yesterday, running it while hot. I noticed that the car was obviously stronger and more responsive. I noticed it even more this morning. Gas mileage is what will probably tell the tale since I do not have a dyno nearby.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I wonder why I didn't get those results:confused: . I have JBA headers and catted mids along with an LPE intake. When I installed the Diablo Sport Predator 91 octane tune I felt like I lost power. With my stock tune I can spin all of first and second gear, but with the tune I couldn't get even a chirp in second gear. That's why I returned it to stock. Is there a newer tune available to download that would actually improve my performance? I know they are supposed to do "custom" tunes, but maybe someone else has similar mods to me with a good tune.

·
"There's no good sharks?"
1,294 Posts
infanterene said:
I am very happy with the results. The car now runs hot like it used to cold. I am running the stock predator tune. Unfortunatly I now experience wheel hop.

What is the safest rpm limit for an 06?

Aye, I am getting MUCH better gas mileage and the car just seems to run more free.

·
Registered
112 Posts
GTO Fan said:
I wonder why I didn't get those results:confused: . I have JBA headers and catted mids along with an LPE intake. When I installed the Diablo Sport Predator 91 octane tune I felt like I lost power. With my stock tune I can spin all of first and second gear, but with the tune I couldn't get even a chirp in second gear. That's why I returned it to stock. Is there a newer tune available to download that would actually improve my performance? I know they are supposed to do "custom" tunes, but maybe someone else has similar mods to me with a good tune.

I do not have headers or an LPE intake, nor am I using 91 octane fuel or the 91 octane tune. We have 93 octane here, and I am using the regular performance tune.

·
Registered
144 Posts
GTO Fan said:
If the tune is not for a car with headers and intake, they are probably causing the car to run rich, and this will hurt performance. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
I've had mine for this year, and it absolutely makes a difference with heatsoak, response, and TM reduction.

It seems as though your car needs to be stock, however, as just a CAI with it seems to make things run amuck.

Any mods, prob best to go more custom...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the 91 octane tune is more conservative than the predator tune.

My cruise mpg has gone up 1.5-2 mpg. The car is also much more responsive.

·
Registered
691 Posts
infanterene said:
I believe the 91 octane tune is more conservative than the predator tune.
Correct, but not by much. To what extent I'm not sure.

·
I Live for the Right Now!
32 Posts
Question...

I have a Predator on order and I just want to know how much knowlege is required to tune the car. Does this thing come with a performance template that it will apply with just the press of a few buttons? Or, do I have to actually tune each setting?

Thx

·
Registered
112 Posts
xxvanquishxx said:
I have a Predator on order and I just want to know how much knowlege is required to tune the car. Does this thing come with a performance template that it will apply with just the press of a few buttons? Or, do I have to actually tune each setting?

Thx

It comes with a canned tune for a stock of mildly modded engine. It is loaded with the press of a few buttons.

·
I Live for the Right Now!
32 Posts
Strychnine said:
It comes with a canned tune for a stock of mildly modded engine. It is loaded with the press of a few buttons.
Nice!!! Thx!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
does anyone have any snapshots of the screen of the predator while your goign through the options. Im asking for this cuz i got a superchips tuner for my truck and alot of the options that the add said were for it actualy isnt for it and of a different truck. plus im currious as to the layout of it. thanks

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
If you have modified your vehicle beyond just a replacement catback exhaust, I would highly suggest you get a custom Diablo tune, otherwise you will more than likely run too rich and therefore see a reduction in power.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
If you are running to rich, why would you need a custom tune? Is there a reason you can't just lean it out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Predator

Did anyone notice their exhaust get slightly louder when using the Predator?
I just hooked up the SLP version yesterday, and my exhaust noise became slightly louder for some reason. Not that it sounds bad or anything, I am just wondering if this happened to anyone else.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts