LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya folks. Just moved up from Florida, and I have to say we absolutely love the area. We took a tour through downtown Greenville this afternoon, and we think it was awesome. So much so that we are thinking about grabbing one of the Condos in one of the new projects that are going up.

Couple of questions:

How is it to live in the city? Anyone have experiences good or bad?
How's the job market? (I'm in IT/Networking) and I would love to walk to work. (yea, I know thats crazy, not driving the goat daily would be insanity. :gears: )

We kinda lived in the woods down in Florida (Golden Gate Estates for anyone familiar) and we think the change of life style might be kind of fun.

Opinions and comments welcome!!

Kelly

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love Greenville!! I went to school at Furman University just up the road towards TR and would probably still live up there if my entire family and wife's wasn't down here. Do me a favor and get some pics of the goat in the fall on Furman's campus in front of the fountains or by the lake and belltower. I'm not up to speed on the job market other than the Greenville Chamber of Commerce used to have some awesome placement programs and great networking events, it might be worth it to talk to them. It is definitely a small town atmosphere and everyone knows everyone. I wouldn't limit the job search to downtown though, you've got some major companies around town, the BMW and Michelin plants to name a couple. Hit up any of the Stax's restaurants, they are awesome and the Hot Dog King on Main St. has the best hot dogs hands down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts