LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I just ordered 275/40/17 BFG G-Force T/A Drag Radial 2 Tires. I got 2 for $321 shipped off of Tire Rack. They should be here before Wednesday next week. I'm putting them on 2 stock 17" rims. I'll finally have some decent times!!! I just had to post this. I'm pumped!!!!

Tire Rack

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
right on, man! I just picked up 2 wheels from a buddy and I'll be ordering the same tires next week. can't wait to get them. Just need to get my rear fenders rolled....

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sledheadRick said:
right on, man! I just picked up 2 wheels from a buddy and I'll be ordering the same tires next week. can't wait to get them. Just need to get my rear fenders rolled....

Yeah, hopefully 18psi in the drag bags will help clear the fenders. Otherwise I'll have to get them rolled. These will be for track use only, so if I can get by like this then I will.

·
BlubBlubBlubBlubBlub
325 Posts
ShaneD_06GTO said:
Yeah, hopefully 18psi in the drag bags will help clear the fenders. Otherwise I'll have to get them rolled. These will be for track use only, so if I can get by like this then I will.
Let us know how the track turns out... and what RUB you see!!!! Searching for a setup w/o rolling. Prefer BFG's over Nitto... and MTs wil certainly rub at any rate w/o rolling.

OUT

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
whats the tread wear on these ones, I guess the other ones had a 0 rating with a letter. Are these just as soft or more like a nitto with like a 100 rating??

·
110% Stock... :D
2,085 Posts
REDGLOW360 said:
whats the tread wear on these ones, I guess the other ones had a 0 rating with a letter. Are these just as soft or more like a nitto with like a 100 rating??
I get 3000-5000 miles out of the g-Force T/A Drag Radial. I heard the g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2's you can get 15k?

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I love my BFG TA DRs for street driving. Not sure how long they will last, but they hook much better than the Nittos did, but not quite as goos as the MTs. Great middle ground for a nice DD DR tire if you don't mind the crappy tread life.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't gotten to try them out yet. I'm still waiting to get a forum members stock 17's to mount them. I held them up to the rear and it doesnt look like they'll rub if the drag bags are fully inflated. You never know on a hard launch though. Next week I'll be going to the track with them and will have my gf record my runs.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unknown said:
I get 3000-5000 miles out of the g-Force T/A Drag Radial. I heard the g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2's you can get 15k?
I havent heard that. Hopefully though. Reguardless, these are for track use only...well, and maybe some days I don't feel like MMOB.

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
so these tires dont last as long as the nittos do?

·
BlubBlubBlubBlubBlub
325 Posts
LS1_GTO said:
so these tires dont last as long as the nittos do?
Nittos are not near as sticky as these tires!!!! So I would say they last less time - check the ratings at discountiredirect for treadlife, I find them accurate.

OUT

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
I'd like to know too. Also will probably consider them as daily driver tires too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts