LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just placed preorder!!

I'm soo excited! I just placed a preorder and put down a deposit on a dark blue 2005 M6 GTO!!! Now comes the hard part... the wait! I think the GTO is gonna make my Camaro jealous... ;-)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
well i hope for your sake that the preorder program goes alot better than last time. but if not you can always cancel your order and go pick one up at the nearest dealer.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
JDHarris said:
I'm soo excited! I just placed a preorder and put down a deposit on a dark blue 2005 M6 GTO!!! Now comes the hard part... the wait! I think the GTO is gonna make my Camaro jealous... ;-)
At what dealership? With what specs? Any options? Final price? Expected delivery date?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phobos512 said:
At what dealership? With what specs? Any options? Final price? Expected delivery date?
No final price yet. They don't have the final pricing info on the 2005's yet. It's expected within the next couple weeks. It's a fully loaded GTO. The salesman is verifying that it does in fact have the LS2 as well. I got it for $2500 below MSRP, whatever that happens to end up being! lol! I'm dealing with Rydell Automotive in Van Nuys Cali on a recommendation from one of the users here. So far it's been an awesome experience, no sales bullshit!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
JDHarris said:
No final price yet. They don't have the final pricing info on the 2005's yet. It's expected within the next couple weeks. It's a fully loaded GTO. The salesman is verifying that it does in fact have the LS2 as well. I got it for $2500 below MSRP, whatever that happens to end up being! lol! I'm dealing with Rydell Automotive in Van Nuys Cali on a recommendation from one of the users here. So far it's been an awesome experience, no sales bullshit!
Of course there's been no sales bullshit. It's still too early. I'd wager that they know nothing about the vehicle save that it will exist and they're getting one. Be careful and make sure they don't make your MSRP higher than everyone else's.

And for '04, everyone's car was loaded. That's because the only options were the transmission and the color. :)

EDIT

I'm on the phone with them right now!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTOdriver7 said:
$2500 below MSRP. do you know somebody or are they already dealing?

There are several dealerships that I've been to that are dealing on these cars. None of the dealerships I've been to are selling above MSRP, a couple of them are below MSRP.

Simpson Pontiac in Buena Park is doing good deals also. Ask to speak with Dennis Leon, he's the fleet manager and doing some really nice prices on these cars. The reason I didn't deal with them is that after talking to them, the used car manager was trying to dick me over on my trade-in (offered $15k on my 2002 Z28). Dennis was very helpful though and more than happy to work with you. They also have a REALLY nice black on black M6 with some beautiful rims on the showroom for a damn good price. It has 19 inch rims in the front and 20's on back. I thought it would look stupid when I heard about it, but it's a really sharp looking car.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Talked with them here's what I was told

I spoke with Greg Iverson @

RYDELLS AUTOMOTIVE GROUP
6001 VAN NUYS BLVD
VAN NUYS, CA
(818) 933-3000

That's the Service Dept. phone but it's all I found so I asked for Sales and they transferred me.

What he said was that he'd have 2005's AT HIS DEALERSHIP in 6-8 weeks. There will be one or two color changes (he mentioned Cosmos and Barbados as the likely drops). He said he had actually traded several Barbados and Cosmos 04's as they weren't selling (weird??).

There will likely be a 1-2% price increase over the 04's which he talked about at an MSRP of 35-36k. That seemed odd. So a price hike of $400-500 dollars would be likely he said. I thought MSRP was like, $32.5 for 04??

He said he IS giving a $2500 discount off MSRP right now because he has a huge inventory of 2004s and doesn't want the same issue for 2005 (he has something like 6 04's at his 5 dealerships that he is fighting to sell).

I asked about the engine and he said he had heard NOTHING about there being anything but the LS1 for 2005 model year. He said he worked in Australia previously for Holden selling the Monaro and others and that there they have the 5.7L, a 6L (LS2?), and a 7.1L package (which he said will 99% sure NEVER be sold in the USA).

That's what I've found out. It's only one dealership's take but interesting nevertheless.

I told him I had an 04 and was looking for information on the 05s and he mentioned that he would send me a brochure once they get them in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phobos512 said:
I spoke with Greg Iverson @

RYDELLS AUTOMOTIVE GROUP
6001 VAN NUYS BLVD
VAN NUYS, CA
(818) 933-3000

That's the Service Dept. phone but it's all I found so I asked for Sales and they transferred me.

What he said was that he'd have 2005's AT HIS DEALERSHIP in 6-8 weeks. There will be one or two color changes (he mentioned Cosmos and Barbados as the likely drops). He said he had actually traded several Barbados and Cosmos 04's as they weren't selling (weird??).

There will be a likelihood of a 1-2% price increase. He talked at an MSRP of 35-36k MSRP for the 2004s. That seemed odd. So a price hike of $400-500 dollars would be likely he said. I thought MSRP was like, $32.5?

He said he IS giving a $2500 discount off MSRP right now because he has a huge inventory of 2004s and doesn't want the same issue for 2005 (he has something like 6 04's at his 5 dealerships that he is fighting to sell).

I asked about the engine and he said he had heard NOTHING about there being anything but the LS1 for 2005 model year. He said he worked in Australia previously for Holden selling the Monaro and others and that there they have the 5.7L, a 6L (LS2?), and a 7.1L package (which he said will 99% sure NEVER be sold in the USA).

That's what I've found out. It's only one dealership's take but interesting nevertheless.

I told him I had an 04 and was looking for information on the 05s and he mentioned that he would send me a brochure once they get them in.

It's odd how you'll get different information talking to different sales guys, isn't it? They need to do better training for these guys, keep them a little better informed. Like I said in the original post though, the sales guy is trying to confirm that it has the LS2, so I'll let you know when I find out for sure. I hadn't heard they we're dropping colors... I only heard about the new colors. MSRP is not that high, either. That guy was BS'ing you. MSRP is in the 32k range.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
phobos512 said:
I asked about the engine and he said he had heard NOTHING about there being anything but the LS1 for 2005 model year.
hold on a sec. you are saying that Rydell told you that he has heard that only the LS1 will be in the 05 right? but JD said that Rydell told him that it will have the LS2.

also, how can he promise to have an 05 in the showroom in 6-8 weeks. when production isn't even supposed to start until september.

something just isn't adding up.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I swear salesmen are the scum of the earth... I need a shower now, I feel so violated.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
hold on a sec. you are saying that Rydell told you that he has heard that only the LS1 will be in the 05 right? but JD said that Rydell told him that it will have the LS2.

also, how can he promise to have an 05 in the showroom in 6-8 weeks. when production isn't even supposed to start until september.

something just isn't adding up.
My.
Thoughts.
Exactly.

Sorry to make you feel dirty, Huntress.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...Now you guys are making me nervous! Oh well, I'll wait and see what the salesman comes back with. At least it's a refundable deposit and not very much money if things go south!

·
2,137 Posts
rferr said:
Pontiac called me today to follow up on a previous call they had made asking me questions about the car the guy told me today on the phone that the 2005 prouction starts Sept. 13th and that the LS2 was going to be in his words "an expensive option". Now I know we have heard different and I am not saying what we have heard is wrong but that is what Pontiac told me today for what it is worth.
Well if the LS2 is going to be an option, that tells me maybe "The Judge" ???

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
rferr and Huntress -

Somewhere on this board recently was a link that went to an article which said the LS2 would be an option. I tend to agree with that. A 50hp option will likely be a $5K option. Or possibly more - what's the diff between the Vette and the Z06? I personally am hoping for it being an option rather than standard. I wouldn't die then.

·
2,137 Posts
phobos512 said:
I wouldn't die then.
Me either... we can get 50hp for mucho less! :D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
JDHarris said:
There are several dealerships that I've been to that are dealing on these cars. None of the dealerships I've been to are selling above MSRP, a couple of them are below MSRP.

Simpson Pontiac in Buena Park is doing good deals also. Ask to speak with Dennis Leon, he's the fleet manager and doing some really nice prices on these cars. The reason I didn't deal with them is that after talking to them, the used car manager was trying to dick me over on my trade-in (offered $15k on my 2002 Z28). Dennis was very helpful though and more than happy to work with you. They also have a REALLY nice black on black M6 with some beautiful rims on the showroom for a damn good price. It has 19 inch rims in the front and 20's on back. I thought it would look stupid when I heard about it, but it's a really sharp looking car.
19 inch rims on the front and 20 inch rims on the back??? WOW!!!

Did you actually read the tire size on them or is that what the salesman told you?

I agree with the above post(s). 6 - 8 weeks delivery time is pretty damn good!

·
2,137 Posts
He was NOT told 6-8 weeks delivery time... that is a mis-quote... he will know how much it will cost in a few weeks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
READYtoROCK said:
19 inch rims on the front and 20 inch rims on the back??? WOW!!!

Did you actually read the tire size on them or is that what the salesman told you?

I agree with the above post(s). 6 - 8 weeks delivery time is pretty damn good!

That is what the salesman told me and that is what the tire sizes were.
Front: 245/35ZR19
Rear: 245/35/ZR20

Here is a post about the rims with pictures:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4080

1 - 20 of 49 Posts