LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, this is for your benefit not mine.
I just placed an order for Lubrication Engineers 7500 Monolec ATF Fluid.
7500 MONOLEC® Power Fluid is one of the best fluids available for our Automatics.
They even swear by it for the Manual Tranny's also.
Take a look at this Demo:Here and you will see why this fluid is so good,
it actually walks up the gears and STAYS there.
This fluid is NOT Synthetic and has all the goodies in it needed for our Transmissions.
I have a Case coming tomorrow and will be doing a Complete fill with it after my rebuild.
Testimonials are there for the hard to convince.
Dana over at Pro-Built Automatics recomended this to me, and he SWEARS by it, he uses nothing else!
After 28 yrs he knows a little!
The demo got me, now I can drive it like I stole it daily! :eek2:
The 20-50 Motor Oil is going in next, I have that coming on Friday.
Then the torture really begins. Getting ready for the track, all I can say is Bring It On!!!

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
Great info Tinman. I know you wouldn't put anything in your car that wasn't good.
Oh, and by the way, when you're at the track make sure you obey all posted speed limits, hehehehehe, nothing under 120mph

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of that product, but have heard of the company.

The guys at TCI swear by B&M trick shift 2, I have used it also with good success.

Looking forward to hearing how the monolec works out.

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
how is this stuff for the 05/06 autos? just asking cause i see you have an 04 and im pretty sure the specs for the tranny fluid are different:)

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hummina said:
how is this stuff for the 05/06 autos? just asking cause i see you have an 04 and im pretty sure the specs for the tranny fluid are different:)
It's FINE, it runs all of the GM school buses that take DexronIII, Catapilars, Allisons and ummm, bah, just go look.

You can't go wrong.
Ask Dana at Pro-Built Autos Here.
Give him a call and he will tell you, your tranny will outlast your motor, unless you running LE's motor oil also.
I'm getting their 20-50 and 15-40 for testing.
A case of 24 quarts of the 7500 Monolec Power ATF Fluid runs $157.xx delivered.
I'm going to drink a quart, after seeing that demo maybe it'll fix my back :ftw:

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
I was impressed by the high speed and the 0 contact demo. However, they never say what the other fluid was. Dextron ? or Mercon?

Again, I'll wait until you torture your new tranny before I buy.

On a different note, what are they putting in your new tranny?

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Napalm said:
I was impressed by the high speed and the 0 contact demo. However, they never say what the other fluid was. Dextron ? or Mercon?

Again, I'll wait until you torture your new tranny before I buy.

On a different note, what are they putting in your new tranny?
Here is a list:

· Modify Lube Circuit

· Modify pump to HP specs.

· High RPM pump slide spring

· Modify input drum – prevents input drum breakage at spline area

· HP 3-4 9/clutch pack

· Install Ross/lock™ ¾ clutch kit 20% more surface area than normal HP 9 clutch kits

· Add SS K070 Rapid Clutch Relief Checkball to input drum

· HP reinforce mounting lugs on 2nd gear

Band with 18% more holding power than normal HP type bands

· Modify for bearing kit-ring gear support hub, eliminates brass washer wear

· Heavy duty sun gear shell prevents breakage at spline (beast (tm)

· Install Vacuum Modulator Kit: Replaces EPC solenoid for heavy duty, High Performance Firm Shifts

· Reprogram valve body Ross/Lock ™

· Corvette type 2nd gear Servo kit

· 4th gear billet servo kit

· 2nd Gen. Sprag kit

· 13 vain pump rotor

· Add Turbulator (TM) steels where applicable

· Add Rosslock 4L60E Transbrake

· Hard parts not included

Going to run me close to $1165 with the Transbrake.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
Sounds sweet. Glad to see you're being taken care of.

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It Works!!! - Long Explanation!

OK, I ranted and raved about this fluid about the time I got my 4L60E rebuilt by Rosslers for the 3rd time.
Well, I got a chance to prove this stuff in the worst case scenario possible!
While driving home from Indiana after having my rear end rebuilt with a new ring & pinion and all new bearings, crush sleeve etc.. I was driving home and the car started to buck.
I thought it was rain puddles due to the sleet and rain I was driving in.
Not long after that I decided to pull over and have a look.
Now mind you, I did not know the locks for the adjusters on my rear were missing, and it was bound up tighter than a cows ass at fly time!
I also think it is what caused the tranny line to pop off of the 18mm male hose barbed fitting I have going into my radiator from the install of a B&M cooler!
Needless to say, All of the Monolec 7500 Transmission Fluid was gone! Over 8 quarts was spewed out onto the Ohio Turnpike!
While broken down I poured in two more quarts not knowing the line had come off, it was 4 AM and sleeting and visual was down to zilch!
I got back in the car to leave but it never moved again.
I left the car running the whole time I was waiting for the tow truck driver, I was soaked and figured what ever is wrong needs fixing anyway!
I watched the tranny temp while sitting there, it never got over 135 degrees F.
I got towed to Rosslers, being only 40 miles away, I figured it was my best bet, after all they did the rebuild.
A guy there named Mike helped me out, we put the line back on and added over 2 gallons of fluid!
I drove it home with the rear still raising hell, not knowing the locks had been off for months and months.
The rebuilder had never done a GTO rear, so nothing was wrong as far as he knew, accept the backlash was incorrect from the previous installer. He knew nothing about the locks.
Anyway, once home after speaking to Carl rossler and telling him it was towed on the rear wheels while the tranny was empty he freaked :eek2:.
He said "No way you drove it home from here trouble free"!
He told me the planetary gears were wasted from being deprived of fluid and forced to spin while the rear wheels were on the ground while being towed!
This forced the Planetary Gears to melt down big time he said!
"No way I drove it another 350 miles home"!
I finally convinced him I made it fine, and he said any day I would be calling him.
I made an appointment with Cartek and they diagnosed the missing adjuster locks! (Another Post- Does towing a kaaz ruin it?)
So all is fine, and that call has not been made to Carl yet!
My tranny acts the same as it did the day I got it from him!
The Monolec 7500 by Lubrication Engineers saved me big time!
I've since drained the fluid Mike @ Rossler's put in it and put in 7 quarts of the Monolec 7500 as soon as I got back from Ohio!
Carl said nothing could have saved my tranny, but he isn't aware of how this stuff works.
Neither are you if you haven't looked at the Demo of this fluid on http://www.le-inc.com/gearbox.jsp.
There are reviews of this stuff there also.
The Demo doesn't say what it is being compared to, but either possible fluid acts the same, so no biggie there, DexronIII or Mercron!
I'm posting this because Napalm wanted a follow-up.
I hope some of you will try / use this stuff, it can literally save yer arse!
The least it can do is prevent another tranny rebuild!
I'm not lying here, this all happened!
Give it a try Napalm, you'll like it :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
what about the lucas oil stabilizers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts