LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally happened... my first goat blemish... :banghead:

While commuting to work in the People's Republic of Cambridge, I was pulling off Memorial Drive into MIT when I tried to avoid hitting dead on, the sewer man hole, which was about 4 inches above ground due to repaving.

I nicked my front passenger rim, and it looks awful. Boy am I really pisssed... there was no way, other than a direct assault to not have damaged the rim, but I would have likely popped or bent the lip of the rims.

Anyway, thanks for listening, I feel a little less steamed now.

Oh, and the other thing that pissed me off! There were sewer or cable access holes that were also protruding up all around the main hole, and it felt as though I went through a mine field! Not even a warning sign, etc.

#&$# Cambridge public works.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
LOL, you feel the same way about the Peoples Republic as I do. Sorry about your rim. File a claim with the city, take pics of the damage and manhole and see if they will reimburse you for the cost of the repair.

They like their taxes there, they can afford it.

·
Lil Cosmos GTO
507 Posts
Dont feel too bad, last Friday my Goat got hit by a large piece of corrugated roofing metal that came flying out of a semi-trailer and is now in the shop. I am now confined to an Extended version of Trailblazer (definately not GTO material). Hopefully I will get the GTO back soon.
How does the saying go? "You dont know what you got, until its gone"

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
mrgto said:
LOL, you feel the same way about the Peoples Republic as I do. Sorry about your rim. File a claim with the city, take pics of the damage and manhole and see if they will reimburse you for the cost of the repair.

They like their taxes there, they can afford it.
man that sucks and I think I would definitely at least try to get some money out of them.

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bryce Woodall said:
Dont feel too bad, last Friday my Goat got hit by a large piece of corrugated roofing metal that came flying out of a semi-trailer and is now in the shop. I am now confined to an Extended version of Trailblazer (definately not GTO material). Hopefully I will get the GTO back soon.
How does the saying go? "You dont know what you got, until its gone"
Ouch... that reminds me of the old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon... the last panel read "... it's never too bad that it couldn't get worse...". Ouch again. Hopefully you'll like the results of the repair. In my case, I suspect it's a new rim (if Cambridge responds honorably). Since I am not a pedigreed type, I am not particularly optimistic.

Cheers.
George

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
i was behind a truck that had rocks on it in my WS6 and rocks where flying out all over hitten all kinds cars ,then one hit my windshiled and broke it good i fallowed him and when he got off hiway i pulled him over called the cops and apears that he wasnt even suppose to have a gravel truck on the hiway in the 1st place .so not only did they pay for damages on my car but he got in alot of trouble for being on the hiway just to save little time .

if a pot hole blows a tire out and does visable damage call police have them make a report then send it to the city and they will pay for damages.

your taxes pay for our roads ,no point in paying for the road and the damage the road caused

people dont just hit those guys in orange worken on the road for nothen :gr_jest:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
zbaron,

Please refrain from profanity. And please edit your post to clean it up before one of the more heavy handed mods read it..

Thanks,

·
Registered
980 Posts
confused here....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts