LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a Pontiac fan first, grew up in the 60's and loved the original GTO and Firebirds until they lost there way. I owned the following Pontiac's:

1969 Firebird Ram Air 400 4 speed
1975 Trans Am (first new car) 180HP A3, made the shaker functional
1978 Trans Am T/A 6.6 220HP 4 speed

When the Firebirds got to gaudy I switched to the Camaro:

1983 5L A3 coupe
1985 Z28 5L 215HP TPI A3

Then I bought my first vette:

1995 LT1 A4 coupe
1996 LT1 A4 vert
1999 LS1 MN6 Coupe (heavily modded)

Which brings me to today. I'm so glad Pontiac and GM have decided to bring back a real GTO and I know you folks are going to have a ball with it since the drive train is pure Corvette, no better drive train to start with, the LS1 is bullet proof and with minor mods another 100HP is easily found.

I have a few questions re the 04 GTO.

Does the car come with a Low Tire Pressure Monitor
the 0-60 in 5.3 was that with an A4
Does anyone have a photo of the trunk area - I find it hard to believe it has less space than a Corvette convertible with it's top stowed (13.5 CF vs 9)

I hope Donaldson can manufacture a Blackwing for the GTO and get it to market quickly, it's been proven to add 10 to 15 real HP to the vette's LS1.

I could see a GTO in my future if I can get the wife to agree the replace the PT Cruiser with a GTO.

You folks have a g'day and can you imigine how cool it would be to go go cruisin with a bunch of vette's and GTO's? I look forward to doing that one day.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
>Does the car come with a Low Tire Pressure Monitor

I haven't heard so - I'm fairly sure this is a no.

>the 0-60 in 5.3 was that with an A4

M6=5.3, A4=5.4 in most tests

>Does anyone have a photo of the trunk area - I find it hard to believe it has less space than a Corvette convertible with it's top stowed (13.5 CF vs 9)

I can't find a pic of the car with the trunk open - but believe it. I've seen one in person. It's tiny. I found it hard to believe I'd lose space compared to my Saturn, until I saw it in person. The reason is the fuel tank location is just in front of and above the axle. To give you an idea - it looks like you could just fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk - with hardly any room to spare.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the 04 GTO have Active Handling or Heads Up Display? I believe the HUD is available in The GP and possibly the Bonnie. If not now will these features start showing up in 05 and later?

Tom

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
AFVETTE said:
Will the 04 GTO have Active Handling or Heads Up Display? I believe the HUD is available in The GP and possibly the Bonnie. If not now will these features start showing up in 05 and later?

Tom
No, the 04 GTO does not have either of these features. As for the 05 or later, who knows....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts